Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congolio is interesting. I vote no because I think we have so many tier one players in the next 3 years we need to be able to pay them:

1. Cripps
2. Walsh
3. Charlie
4. McKay
5. Weitering
Guaranteed $600k plus players

what if Docherty comes back well? SPS? Dow improves?

Use the Congolio money for 2-3 good players and build depth.

Classy looking but prone to some absolute howlers. FFS, that was Scotland!
Problem with classy ball users is that the odd poor disposal is overly magnified; because it stands out like canine testicles, in comparison. But yes, I remember the odd Heath left foot error.

Arrow, I'm not making sense of your reply to my post. Sorry.

My point was.....I think I tabled my point/query - I wonder whether SOS was glad to see the back of Bolton for the obvious reasons?
i.e. It's about SOS and not the talent or lack of.

Harks stop feigning innocence, your post was in two parts, partly regarding SOS, partly regarding the talent

"All of a sudden Kennedy, O'Brien, Setterfield, Gibbons, JSilvagni etc look as though they can indeed play a little football."

My response was regarding the talent. If you need a positive win/loss ratio as an indication a player "look as though they can indeed play a little football" then you will never be able to separate the 2

Context is not in there re: your reply.

It was that SOS’s position is enhanced with the departure from the output shown under BB from our list management, which he may well be endorsing now.

There were plenty questioning the talent chosen & SOS’s role in those picks.

Have a look at the above for the context, my reply had nothing to do with how SOS may have felt, regarding Bolton

As for many questioning the talent, again I will reiterate, that was shortsighted views/analysis purely based around win/loss.

Harks stop feigning innocence, your post was in two parts, partly regarding SOS, partly regarding the talent

"All of a sudden Kennedy, O'Brien, Setterfield, Gibbons, JSilvagni etc look as though they can indeed play a little football."

My response was regarding the talent. If you need a positive win/loss ratio as an indication a player "look as though they can indeed play a little football" then you will never be able to separate the 2

Have a look at the above for the context, my reply had nothing to do with how SOS may have felt, regarding Bolton

As for many questioning the talent, again I will reiterate, that was shortsighted views/analysis purely based around win/loss.

In a competitive sporting environment at what point do wins and losses start to matter?

Interesting comments by Andy Maher on the Carlton Show this week regarding Will Brodie.

Brodie played the best game he has played as a Gold Coast Sun, which is interesting against us because we were sniffing around him about 12 months ago. There's a connection to our footy club and I think he was quite keen to see if it could be done but was thwarted because he had time to run on his contract.

Fair point - good reason to front load the contract with incentives and clawback

Congolio is interesting. I vote no because I think we have so many tier one players in the next 3 years we need to be able to pay them:

1. Cripps
2. Walsh
3. Charlie
4. McKay
5. Weitering

Interesting comments by Andy Maher on the Carlton Show this week regarding Will Brodie.

Brodie played the best game he has played as a Gold Coast Sun, which is interesting against us because we were sniffing around him about 12 months ago. There's a connection to our footy club and I think he was quite keen to see if it could be done but was thwarted because he had time to run on his contract.

His preference is to return to Victoria.

Also interesting was his observation that Roos seems to have had a Blue transfusion of positiveness in his commentary of late

No harm done and I plead not guilty, your honour.
The initial statement was bound with the principle point being........the principle point :)

SOS did have the spotlight on him for his decision making, but now his decisions simply look to be a little better under a new entity. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Maher suggesting that Brodie put in some kind of "audition" in order that we try and recruit him?

He played well, very well

But how do we get it done?

Why does he keep getting dropped? No defensive running?

1. Cripps
2. Walsh
3. Charlie
4. McKay
5. Weitering

SOS has had some spare coin sitting around the last few years and no bites with Shiel etc. Cogs would be an ideal match for us age/position/quality. I think if we don't spend the 105 % cap this year we lose it.

He played well, very well

But how do we get it done?

Why does he keep getting dropped? No defensive running?

he doesn’t get on with the coach or the playing group. Came across as arrogant when he went there and never fully settled. Also doesn’t focus on the 1% Dew values

Still has time to run on his contract and not sure why the Suns would let him go at this point.

Strong start, Indy

Is this mail or backing over what Andy Maher said?

indigo23 at a Suns sponsor’s function at Stokehouse in Brisbane

Indigo23 to Suns player: who do you think will do a Tom Lynch and bail

Suns player: Sam Day May go back to SA. Will Brodie has had both eyes on going home since he came here. Drinks his own bath water

conversation went from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back