Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who would you prefer we took. Richards or LOB?
I’d prefer Richards. He’s got more Mongrel in him, amongst other things.
I wanted Aidan Bonar, and perhaps still do when contrasted against Stocker, though the latter has way higher footy IQ.

My point is about using the eye test before referring to stats.

According to statistics, Polson is one of the best pressure players in our team. He always records one of the highest scores for pressure acts in our team when he plays.

If you take a Polson vs Rioli comparison, I don't see Polson causing defenders the same concerns from a defensive perspective as what Cyril did.

Simple as that. This isn't about player comparisons. It's more about the eye test vs statistics.
You can see the difference between Polson and Rioli in the stats too, namely in how much football each gathers per game, and how often they score.

There's definitely a granularity that isn't captured by statistics consistently, but this isn't it.

This post reminds me of Moneyball, with all the old blokes sitting around discussing how they 'like the cut of player 1's gib, he's got an alpha personality, he looks good with bat in hand'.

How he looks doesn't change the fact that his input is exceedingly similar statistically, and this being despite the fact that the Dogs were crying out for his player type prior to getting him and they've been better than we have over the last two years, allowing them to feed him more of the ball than Lochie.
Which is disappointing because he's already got the body to be winning contests.
He'll likely develop as a more contested mid, but he's also solid off HB and HF in the mean time. Would he be more useful to us right now? Yes.

Would he be more useful in 3 years? Maybe, but we're pretty short staffed on more outside players who can run all day, and O'Brien projects as that and as done so since he was 15.

How is Gethelred pronounced, btw? Always wondered.

Is that an I or an L?
L. GetheL-red.

This has come up before...

:cool:
Easy..

Gethelred.

I wanted Aidan Bonar, and perhaps still do when contrasted against Stocker, though the latter has way higher footy IQ.

You can see the difference between Polson and Rioli in the stats too, namely in how much football each gathers per game, and how often they score.

There's definitely a granularity that isn't captured by statistics consistently, but this isn't it.

He'll likely develop as a more contested mid, but he's also solid off HB and HF in the mean time. Would he be more useful to us right now? Yes.

Would he be more useful in 3 years? Maybe, but we're pretty short staffed on more outside players who can run all day, and O'Brien projects as that and as done so since he was 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Hel Red is a keeper! Bitta Mongrel in that name ..... plus I like red wine …

Wins on all fronts.

So is it Fant-asia or Fanta-sia?

[IMG='width:307px;']https://static.winc.com.au/pi/aa/c70fec44b307df9391251a1b87dfbc0b1b73c9-495082/large.jpg[/IMG]
+
4422bab7cebb64aeeefcb9f738a3c7402351138c

Wine....pfftt..
Cats piss..

Anyone wanna hear a funny ABV childhood story?

Ok I’ll tell ya!

My old man makes his own wine, all the fermented grape swishers love it.

He’s got this fully concreted wine cellar underneath the family home where he does all his wine making, testing etc.

Anyway there are these wine barrels about 5 foot tall under there that he puts the grapes in to ferment and do their thing and one day 4 year old ABV was playing with his Transformers or Ninja Turtles or something under the house where he shouldn’t have been.

4 year old ABV got bored quickly and decided it’d be fun to climb inside one of these 5 foot tall wine barrels, it was empty of course but that’s not the funny part.......

Little 4 year old ABV could not get out of said 5 foot wine barrel.

After about 10-15 minutes ABV’s fiery eye-talian mother came a calling and he thought it would be fun to play hide and seek for a bit of a larf.

Anyhoo 15 minutes turned into seven hours as lil ABV had fallen asleep inside the barrel, police were called, family freaking out and eventually biggest brother found me inside the barrel sleeping, possibly from wine fumes.

Got a good ole smackin, such was the fashion at the time, but there’s the reason I can’t drink wine, hope you all enjoyed.

Happy Thursday 😂

Anyone wanna hear a funny ABV childhood story?

Ok I’ll tell ya!

My old man makes his own wine, all the fermented grape swishers love it.

He’s got this fully concreted wine cellar underneath the family home where he does all his wine making, testing etc.

Anyway there are these wine barrels about 5 foot tall under there that he puts the grapes in to ferment and do their thing and one day 4 year old ABV was playing with his Transformers or Ninja Turtles or something under the house where he shouldn’t have been.

4 year old ABV got bored quickly and decided it’d be fun to climb inside one of these 5 foot tall wine barrels, it was empty of course but that’s not the funny part.......

Little 4 year old ABV could not get out of said 5 foot wine barrel.

After about 10-15 minutes ABV’s fiery eye-talian mother came a calling and he thought it would be fun to play hide and seek for a bit of a larf.

Anyhoo 15 minutes turned into seven hours as lil ABV had fallen asleep inside the barrel, police were called, family freaking out and eventually biggest brother found me inside the barrel sleeping, possibly from wine fumes.

Got a good ole smackin, such was the fashion at the time, but there’s the reason I can’t drink wine, hope you all enjoyed.

Happy Thursday 😂
you idiot - tell the truth - happened last week! and yeah, love the parent clutching you tightly and saying how they were so worried and how much they love you and don't ever scare them like that again - then beating the crap out of you, all in the name of love..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back