Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why is that relevant? Harry isn't ooc.
Read the rest of my post, plus what I replied to. "No one important is leaving this club." - that's specifically what I was referring to. Sometimes important players will leave a club, and list managers can't stop them if they're out of contract.

Regarding Harry, I've already mentioned multiple times that the trade cost would be huge if it were to occur. I doubt it would happen, but this is a thread for rumours so I figure hypotheticals are appropriate

Well he wouldn't considering we have Naughton who would take the number 1 defender, plus Schache would function as a 3rd tall. If McKay got triple teamed in that setup, the opposition defence would have to be monumentally ******ed. Doesn't matter anyway, it's all just rumours
Harry would get the best defender, Naughton the second.

Schache has height and gets hidden in the forward half, doesn’t make him a tall forward whatever number you put in front of it. Only gets a defender next to him when he starts in the square because the rules state one must be there.

Still leaves a few free to double or triple team when they know Harry is the main target.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We would want the Bont- seems a logical choice , and would be an orgasmic pairing with Cripps
In which case, no trade happens and no harm is done :) Even if the Dogs are chasing McKay, we wouldn't be alone, and it's more likely than not that nothing happens. Teams are always going to enquire about players of interest, and some would be considered untouchable. For us, Bont, Naughton, Smith and English would be the ones hardest to pry away. I'm sure for you guys, it's something like Curnow, McKay, Cripps and Walsh

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Harry would get the best defender, Naughton the second.

Still leaves a few free to double or triple team when they know Harry is the main target.
It's up for debate - Naughton has arguably had the better season so far, but they're fairly comparable players. Either way, best two defenders go between these two. If either gets double teamed, it frees up Gowers or Schache which would be monumentally stupid of the defenders to do, so I doubt it would happen often

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
It's up for debate - Naughton has arguably had the better season so far, but they're fairly comparable players. Either way, best two defenders go between these two. If either gets double teamed, it frees up Gowers or Schache which would be monumentally stupid of the defenders to do, so I doubt it would happen often
Why would it be monumentally stupid to zone off Gowers or Schache?

Lol.

tattooedJESUS

Team Captain
Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
All honestly, the last team you would want to play for are the dogs if you wanted success. Yes we have Been Terrible for the last 5 years but the dogs have been irrelevant for 60+... surely mckay knows what we are building and how exciting it’s going to be

and the dog mascot - bring me the dog..........
fnkfo2otraxp61h7sk4a.png

Haha, Virgin Dog offering kick butcherer Dunkley + a pick in first round 2020 for a fully contracted over many seasons gun in the making forward.

I think that is quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever on BF
hang around......

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Righto mate, you can tell yourself that all you like, but ultimately it's not up to the list managers. If someone is OOC and wants to go, they'll go. Sometimes trades happen, it's just part of footy. I'm not suggesting the rumours are true at all, just there's no need to get so defensive over hypotheticals
The rumour was for a player OOC in 2020. He’s contracted up to and including 2021. Move on. Keep dreaming.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All honestly, the last team you would want to play for are the dogs if you wanted success. Yes we have Been Terrible for the last 5 years but the dogs have been irrelevant for 60+... surely mckay knows what we are building and how exciting it’s going to be
Now where have I been hearing that the last 8 years?

Haha, Virgin Dog offering kick butcherer Dunkley + a pick in first round 2020 for a fully contracted over many seasons gun in the making forward.

I think that is quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever on BF
You have an odd way of valuing players haha

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The rumour was for a player OOC in 2020. He’s contracted up to and including 2021. Move on. Keep dreaming.
If you're wanting to get technical, the rumour was that he may or may not be contracted next year. No explicit year is given. Plus it's a hypothetical, relax bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back