Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto mate, you can tell yourself that all you like, but ultimately it's not up to the list managers. If someone is OOC and wants to go, they'll go. Sometimes trades happen, it's just part of footy. I'm not suggesting the rumours are true at all, just there's no need to get so defensive over hypotheticals

Mate, you obviously don't know how things work around these parts.

Every out of contract player wants to come to Carlton...
Any player that has barracked for Carlton, has a second cousin that barracks for Carlton, or has driven through Lygon st is emotionally tied to Carlton..
Every Victorian player who is Under 23 and is doing well at an interstate Club will get homesick and want to come home and play for Carlton..
None of our interstate kids will get homesick though and be approached to 'go home".
None of our 'out of contract' kids will be swayed by a bigger offer from rival clubs as only Carlton has the capacity to offer 'the big dosh'..

Get with the program!! :cool:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Any player that has barracked for Carlton, has a second cousin that barracks for Carlton, or has driven through Lygon st is emotionally tied to Carlton..
Every Victorian player who is Under 23 and is doing well at an interstate Club will get homesick and want to come home and play for Carlton..
None of our interstate kids will get homesick though and be approached to 'go home".
None of our 'out of contract' kids will be swayed by a bigger offer from rival clubs as only Carlton has the capacity to offer 'the big dosh'..

Reminds me of how Josh Kelly is definitely coming to the dogs the last 2 years since he's best mates with Bont ;)

Reminds me of how Josh Kelly is definitely coming to the dogs the last 2 years since he's best mates with Bont ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble VD but once we sign Grundy from the Pies (barracked for Carlton as a kid you know), Kelly and Coniglio, the Bont will want to be a Blue my friend.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s been about as successful as 95% of your recruits that have come across for you guys from GWS.
Yeah cant believe all those players we traded 4th and 5th round picks for didn't turn out... not like they were just chucked in so GWS would have them off the books in the trades for Marchbank and Plowman. Really thought Liam Sumner was going to be a the next Nat fyfe!

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s been about as successful as 95% of your recruits that have come across for you guys from GWS.
Not for the cost lol. Most we brought across for nothing just to fill list spots. Only forked out fkt Marchbank and Setterfield, both are guns. Nice try. Kennedy didn't cost much and is getting over lots of ankle injuries, Plowman is a rock and cost us Troy monzel...

Schache for a second and third woulda been like Phillips costing us a second and third. If you're going to show your ignorance re carlton I suggest you do it elsewhere

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton

He needs to try these on
Things will become so much clearer
28EAEFB0-BD27-45B6-94C2-F759C350934D.jpeg

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor

In all honesty and all jokes aside, you recruit players to perform on that one day in September.

Boyd did that and played a massive part in the 2016 flag.

At the end of the day, you have to consider the trade as a big success.

Yes, his longevity in the game was left to be desired, but at the end of the day, he was arguably best on ground in that grand final performance.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
you idiot - tell the truth - happened last week! and yeah, love the parent clutching you tightly and saying how they were so worried and how much they love you and don't ever scare them like that again - then beating the crap out of you, all in the name of love..........
That’s the Italian way my good man

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
What about Kristian Jaksch? Pick 7 wasn’t it? Or are we going to forget about that one? A way bigger dud than a 2nd round pick for Schache. Also what did you trade for marchbank and Pickett ?

Different recruiting team. We've overhauled our staff.

Marchbank is a very good player. It's easy to forget when a player has been hampered with injury. Watch him get better in the second half of the season.

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
What about Kristian Jaksch? Pick 7 wasn’t it? Or are we going to forget about that one? A way bigger dud than a 2nd round pick for Schache. Also what did you trade for marchbank and Pickett ?
The difference is SOS was responsible for the GWS end of this deal. He then defected to CFC. The guy responsible got sacked. Yours is still there.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
The difference is SOS was responsible for the GWS end of this deal. He then defected to CFC. The guy responsible got sacked. Yours is still there.

Correct. This is a point that people either don't know or understand.

SOS was working for GWS at the time, so how can SOS be held accountable for Carlton wanting to trade for KJ? Simple answer is he can't :)

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Read the rest of my post, plus what I replied to. "No one important is leaving this club." - that's specifically what I was referring to. Sometimes important players will leave a club, and list managers can't stop them if they're out of contract.

Regarding Harry, I've already mentioned multiple times that the trade cost would be huge if it were to occur. I doubt it would happen, but this is a thread for rumours so I figure hypotheticals are appropriate

Harry is OOC end of 2021.

Dream on.

If you're wanting to get technical, the rumour was that he may or may not be contracted next year. No explicit year is given. Plus it's a hypothetical, relax bruh

How about you relax & remember where you are brah!

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Harry is OOC end of 2021.

Dream on.

How about you relax & remember where you are brah!
Mate, come on. You didn't even read what I posted, already said I'm aware of Harry's contract haha

I know where I am, I'm arguing with a couple of delusional Carlton fans, is that what you mean? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back