Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't mind Rohan Connolly at one point, but he had his black and red scarf on too tight during the * drugs saga

He's on a political crusade poor old Roco and one must conclude he's hating life post the election...
Could probably stop telling me people what they should be thinking for a start.

each to their own I suppose...

Anyway, back to the matter at hand; yes, Clarkson would be unreal but I don't think he could of made it anymore clearer on 360 last week. He's not running away from a contract. Dead end. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of noise about Clarkson to Carlton ...so much so he comes out in the media to deny

Hmmmm

Clarkson literally couldn't be more emphatic about not leaving Hawthorn lol.

Said last week he would never walk away and break a contract.
Talk was generated simply by Dixon writing an opinion piece. He was using phrases like 'I think...' not 'Industry sources have said...' etc.
Clarkson then allegedly immediately addresses his players the next day to say he's not going to Carlton.

he was the first to say during their successful period that it is a balancing act. You cant have it both ways. IIRC he discussed the possibility of trying for a 3rd premiership with the players and coaches after the back to back, as he was concerned about whether they could do it a third time with their list and ageing profile. Clearly he was ambivalent about it, but if they had decided to start rebuilding after the back to back then they would have 1 less premiership. He took the medicine a year later with the Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis removal.
If you dont take the chance when it is in front of you you are a mug. He did and they were successful. Other teams have failed. its pretty easy to take pot shots from the cheap seats and with the benefit of hindsight

I know you are a serial poster with such posts but instead of taking pot shots at others offering opinion, why don’t you just debate what is being discussed?

Now back on the topic:
Clarkson’s major list changes where after the 3 peat!!! Nothing to do with that reign or timeline. He made the hard calls of delisting and trading Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, etc. after the 3 premierships but then replenished the list and some would say by selling the farm with Mitchell, O’Meara, Wingard, Scully, etc. He completely ignored the draft during this period. Them the facts!!!

If there is anything we have learnt or should have learnt by now, you don’t ignore the draft for multiple years. You need to keep rebuilding the list. Again – them the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back