Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is, no one really knows what the right answer is.

Almost doesn’t matter who they pick, someone will say they f’ed it up
They only want Clarkson. He is presently unavailable.
Why not give Teague a 2 year contract. If he does well. End of search.
If he doesn’t set the world on fire then, after another year or two, and if Hawthorn are going nowhere, Clarkson may become available.

I must admit to finishing the week a bit confused. Judd says we don’t want anyone with training wheels....which implies we want a coach with significant experience. Longmiire Lyon and Clarkson have all ruled themselves out.
Then there seems to be this view that Voss is an option WITH ROOS as mentor....implying Voss...is on training wheels? Else why is that combo needed?How does Voss with Roos for mentoring make more sense than Teague with Roos? So I’d say that’s rubbish. Which leads to.....Brad Scott? Like he can be the only option where the Premises entail the Conclusion. Or Ratten? We are going back to Ratten?

We are ruling out Teague because we are so desperate to get Scott or Ratten?

REALLY????

I’m sure Juddy used the same term post BB’s sacking as I remember that being said on FC (without the furore).

Funny you say that. I thought l had heard him say training wheels before. I think it was a mistake then also but was let slide because It was early days in looking for a coach.

The training wheels phrase is something you might say behind closed doors in a casual setting when your not fussing over every word. Publicly though, from a club official, it’s taken more seriously and analysed.

When taken seriously, “training wheels” is very condescending towards experienced football people.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's how i took it. Thought it was disrespectful to someone who put his heart and soul into putting the club on track.

Don’t reckon being President of Carlton is his aim, but the connections have been a stepping stone.

He’s not politically aspirational, he’s more Corporate, and if he’s part of a 2nd coach/rebuild premiership and gets it arse up again...

My opinion of course.

So teague should be considered because we are 2 out of 4. Juddy said coaching your own team has it's own pressures clearly Bolton couldn't cope with it. Teague can either sulk and be demotivated or he can take charge and prove Juddy wrong either way I am happy the club will follow a process. Can't gift a care taker coach a job because he has won 2 outta 4 and we are competitive. Going take a lot to win a premiership. We have been s**t for a long time. No compromises

Don’t reckon being President of Carlton is his aim, but the connections have been a stepping stone.

He’s not politically aspirational, he’s more Corporate, and if he’s part of a 2nd coach/rebuild premiership and gets it arse up again...

My opinion of course.
If it gets arsed up again, same as any club, coaches are like cannon fodder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit to finishing the week a bit confused. Judd says we don’t want anyone with training wheels....which implies we want a coach with significant experience. Longmiire Lyon and Clarkson have all ruled themselves out.
Then there seems to be this view that Voss is an option WITH ROOS as mentor....implying Voss...is on training wheels? Else why is that combo needed?How does Voss with Roos for mentoring make more sense than Teague with Roos? So I’d say that’s rubbish. Which leads to.....Brad Scott? Like he can be the only option where the Premises entail the Conclusion. Or Ratten? We are going back to Ratten?

We are ruling out Teague because we are so desperate to get Scott or Ratten?

REALLY????
Nobody has ruled Teague out. Not Judd, not Liddle, nobody. Don't read into the media hysteria surrounding Judd's comments. It was taken out of context for a headline. He clarified this on Tuesday morning and again tonight on Triple M. The 'training wheels' comment was not directed at Teague.

But Maclure works in the media. It's his job to comment on footy. And if we suck, he has the right to call it like it is (or at least as he sees it). He is not obliged to offer us his services/solutions.
I get this, but if he is going to impart such opinions on a show which is based around hysterical behaviour, said opinions are going to be seen to be as hysterical as those offered by the 2 hosts of the program.

IMO, Maclure would have been best served to contact the club & express his opinion in relation to Judd's comments in-house instead of giving the 2 clowns on AFL360 & some of the other tossers in the footy media fuel to add to the Carlton bashing.

Realistically, Maclure only gets a gig on FoxFooty because they know he will stir the pot. That's all fine, but it doesn't make his opinion valid, except to those who are looking for a headline, which on this occasion they certainly got, hence my comparison to John Elliott.

Thy, if you need an assistant coach, I've been known to laugh at at least one of your jokes
don't give me your stinking training wheels..........

Nobody has ruled Teague out. Not Judd, not Liddle, nobody. Don't read into the media hysteria surrounding Judd's comments. It was taken out of context for a headline. He clarified this on Tuesday morning and again tonight on Triple M. The 'training wheels' comment was not directed at Teague.
dis

I don’t know about the rest of you but increasingly I lack confidence in the coaching selection panel to make the right decision. This pre-occupation with choosing someone who has been a senior coach in a rapidly shrinking market of available candidates will probably mean that they’ll pick from the last two standing, who are probably going to be Scott and Voss. Neither seem appropriate to me.
Why are MLG and Judd on the selection panel? They are two directors who are under the pump. Judd has said and done a number of things that suggest to me that he has poor judgment. Being a great footballer doesn’t mean you are suited to being the football person on the Board. And to compound the problem he is in the media, with all the conflict of interest problems that raises.
MLG must feel that he is fighting for his presidency after the failed Bolton experiment.
Let’s hope that wiser heads behind the scenes end up having a beneficial influence.
This is an odd post.

MLG is the president, Judd's the Head of Football Operations; why wouldn't they be on the selection panel to recruit a coach? Why are they under the pump? Judd has said what? Your post uses 'suggests' and 'seems' and 'must'; there is an air of connotation to your post, bringing in hints of destabilization. And the last comment, too: 'Let's hope that wiser heads behind the scenes end up having a beneficial influence'; what is that? What does that mean?

You sound like Caroline Wilson. Either speak plainly or shut up.

This is an odd post.

MLG is the president, Judd's the Head of Football Operations; why wouldn't they be on the selection panel to recruit a coach? Why are they under the pump? Judd has said what? Your post uses 'suggests' and 'seems' and 'must'; there is an air of connotation to your post, bringing in hints of destabilization. And the last comment, too: 'Let's hope that wiser heads behind the scenes end up having a beneficial influence'; what is that? What does that mean?

You sound like Caroline Wilson. Either speak plainly or shut up.
Don’t be so arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back