Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes!
No Paul Roos.

Bet he's thrown all his toys out of his cot and is crying in his cornflakes.

Would have been a monumental stuff up had the club appointed him.

Happy David Teague day Everybody!!!

This is the dawning or a new era.
Coach and playing list wise.

I can walk down the street wearing my Carlton hat proudly.

I can rest assured knowing we are going to be competitive in almost any game! This hasn't been the case some Kouta did his knee.

I can smell the roses and have a spring in my step.

No more false dawns baby, the BLUES have arrived.

Other clubs be very afraid!!!

I love my club!

This era is going to make me a very happy. No more clinical depression. Yay!

My family have already been happy for 9 weeks due to my reduced tantrums with yelling swearing and random throwing objects.

My yelling, swearing and random throwing of objects will now be due to devout acts of joy!

My 18 and 20 year old daughter's can now know that losing and losing badly isn't the norm. They will now enjoy the emotion and pride that I once took for granted that comes with winning games of football.

The song!

The Tide has turned!

Thank you Brendon Bolton, SOS, and thank you David Teague.

Enjoy the ride people!

With a player like Ellis, you don't work on their weaknesses, you celebrate their strengths.

If you play Ellis, leave him on the wing. And keep him as far away from the contest as possible.

If that's what we intend doing with him, why don't we just keep Lang?

And there's a fair bit between this style of play and what we get with Daisy who thrives on the contested game. Just saying that doesn't make him a Daisy replacement.

Brodie Grundy is a perfect ruck replacement, no way Collingwood is going to let him go that easy.

Brodie+Grundy+Collingwood+Media+Opportunity+_XwVVGFaVcfl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For 24 years I’ve been living next door to Ellis. Ellis, Ellis, who the XXXX is Ellis???

Unfortunately I know the answer to my own question. I hear Ellis to CFC, then I re-hear Fasolo to CFC, and I continue to hear - wasted list spot. Neither move the needle - continue moving forward and don’t make further mistakes of the past.
Don't think he is getting the plaudits he deserves. Hes a good player.

Durable, rebounds out of 50 well, has been a key part of a premiership team, has at least another 5 good years ahead of him.

Give me Ellis over daisy in 2020 for sure

While I prefer a ruckman that is a capable resting forward, Grundy does tick some serious boxes

Get the feeling this will be a huge/defining off season

We need a couple of developed body mids who can run and fill in some of the between the arc holes that appear because the kids are only about 3/4 AFL ready ( Russell has alluded to the lack of proper fitness and time required to get there) - your point on need to cover for Kreuzer has always been well made - a pity Phillips doesn't have the tank to go 4 quarters and like Kreuzer is injury prone...

Lets get serious though : no way collingwood can be stupid enough to let Grundy go- he makes up for some softness in their midfield and is a younger more mobile version of Kreuzer - SOS gets him and it would be a bigger get (in my mind) than Coninglio - get Coniglio AND Grundy? with a decent run of injury - finals for sure - cream on the cake would be a 'real' small forward.

SOS has put together a pile of money and spread the future requirement of salary upgrades very well - so yeah probably in a position to attract some talent - hence clearing air and appointing Teague ahead of schedule makes sense - to provide clarity to target(s).

I hope you are right and we score the two mids we definitely need - if we get Grundy I owe you a bottle of whatever you fancy. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
New Carlton coach David Teague will be in charge of the 'Teague Train' without any direct influence from a controller.

7NEWScom.au understands the club won't appoint an overarching director of coaching or mentor above Teague.

Now we need to surround him with the best assistants available.

A lot of our coaches don't have a contract for 2020 so we have the ability to turnover quite a few.

Yes!
No Paul Roos.

Bet he's thrown all his toys out of his cot and is crying in his cornflakes.

Would have been a monumental stuff up had the club appointed him.

Happy David Teague day Everybody!!!

This is the dawning or a new era.
Coach and playing list wise.

I can walk down the street wearing my Carlton hat proudly.

I can rest assured knowing we are going to be competitive in almost any game! This hasn't been the case some Kouta did his knee.

I can smell the roses and have a spring in my step.

No more false dawns baby, the BLUES have arrived.

Other clubs be very afraid!!!

I love my club!

This era is going to make me a very happy. No more clinical depression. Yay!

My family have already been happy for 9 weeks due to my reduced tantrums with yelling swearing and random throwing objects.

My yelling, swearing and random throwing of objects will now be due to devout acts of joy!

My 18 and 20 year old daughter's can now know that losing and losing badly isn't the norm. They will now enjoy the emotion and pride that I once took for granted that comes with winning games of football.

The song!

The Tide has turned!

Thank you Brendon Bolton, SOS, and thank you David Teague.

Enjoy the ride people!
Love it! Love it! Love it!

Will be interesting to see Roosy's commentary on us now that he's not angling for a job anymore.

Has been unusually complimentary and brown-nose in recent weeks.

No-one wants to pay you $1mil+ for 2 days a week you muppet!

While I prefer a ruckman that is a capable resting forward, Grundy does tick some serious boxes

Get the feeling this will be a huge/defining off season

I'm actually more excited of the possibility of getting Grundy compared to Cogs. Grundy would be immense with our midfield. Hopefully we bag both.

Don't think he is getting the plaudits he deserves. Hes a good player.

Durable, rebounds out of 50 well, has been a key part of a premiership team, has at least another 5 good years ahead of him.

Give me Ellis over daisy in 2020 for sure
We already have Docherty, Simpson, Newman. We only really need 2 (given guys like SPS, Williamson, Schumacher).

If he's cheap, fine. But we don't need any more HBFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back