Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumours posted lately on this thread are doing my head in.

What next, Joan Collins is having a torrid love affair with Mark LoGiudice ? (Probably less far fetched than the Brandon Ellis rumour, who wants that bum at Carlton anyway?)
If the rumour about Joan Collins comes from b70, I’ll believe it.

The rumours posted lately on this thread are doing my head in.

What next, Joan Collins is having a torrid love affair with Mark LoGiudice ? (Probably less far fetched than the Brandon Ellis rumour, who wants that bum at Carlton anyway?)

I hope this is true. A Dynasty.

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Congrats, it’s looks likely that ya’ve git a rabbit. Your top people seem very convinced that a crap load of money and most the extensive business network of the super rich in the afl will provide a very comfortable living for him post footy.
Thanks Appreciate it. Must have been the most difficult decision of his life. Family Club + Clarko V last year Wooden spoon'er. We are so fortunate

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
I have never been Daisy's biggest fan but I would have Daisy over Ellis any day of the week. Ellis is weak as piss. We don't need conditional blokes on our list

Nah, he is easily getting games in their 22. If he wasn’t tough or was conditional he just wouldn’t be.

He’s a good replacement for a bloke that has a year left max, I can see why Daisy wouldn’t get another contract if Ellis was his free replacement.

Ellis would be fine as a free agent but not as a replacement for Daisy.

He's no star and you'll probably never see him rip a game apart, but he can play - and has played - some good footy over the years. Just needs to be in the right system and the right position.

Put him on a wing and he's fine, either pushing back and helping out defensively, or using his run to push forward. Though if you put him down back in a defensive role he's bog ordinary. That's not his go.

He shouldn't be a priority for us but he'd absolutely get senior games for us and I'd be fine bringing him in, as long as the contract isn't absurd. And given SOS is at the helm I'm pretty sure it won't be.

Adelaide melts will also be fun...they thought they had him earlier in the year. For Reid to be snookered by SOS again will be mint!

I’d be stunned if it eventuates.
Me too.
But getting Grundy would be enormous.

Catfish blue

Senior List
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting Ellis wouldn't be the worst decision. 27 next year has 3 years of prime time footy. Very durable player. Premiership player. Can find the footy, could be a great replacement for Daisy at no cost (other than salary space).

Yes, agree, he needs to work on his contested game and kicking/decision making (which Daisy can also struggle with).

Credit to Daisy and his contribution, he has been fantastic. Clubs are mindful of veterans going on that extra year, 1 too many. Roughead, H.Grundy, McVeigh are just some good examples. They need to be elite with their preparation to continue (e.g Simmo, Harvey, Burgoyne etc.).

Maybe Daisy stays on as a coach, he sees the game well.

Sheephead

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2009
In a good paddock
AFL Club
Carlton
I wouldn't know even if i lived in a town like Ellis..........
For 24 years I’ve been living next door to Ellis. Ellis, Ellis, who the XXXX is Ellis???

Unfortunately I know the answer to my own question. I hear Ellis to CFC, then I re-hear Fasolo to CFC, and I continue to hear - wasted list spot. Neither move the needle - continue moving forward and don’t make further mistakes of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back