Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Ellis wouldn't be the worst decision. 27 next year has 3 years of prime time footy. Very durable player. Premiership player. Can find the footy, could be a great replacement for Daisy at no cost (other than salary space).

Yes, agree, he needs to work on his contested game and kicking/decision making (which Daisy can also struggle with).

Credit to Daisy and his contribution, he has been fantastic. Clubs are mindful of veterans going on that extra year, 1 too many. Roughead, H.Grundy, McVeigh are just some good examples. They need to be elite with their preparation to continue (e.g Simmo, Harvey, Burgoyne etc.).

Maybe Daisy stays on as a coach, he sees the game well.
Cannot agree with this more. As much as most of us have come to love daisy now is the time to move him on. Realistically we need to get 12 months into a player - be it draftee or recruit - so we can transition that backline into post Daisy/Simmo life.

Ellis would fill that void nicely or give us some depth if there are any further complications with Doc, or if Newman is injured.

New Carlton coach David Teague will be in charge of the 'Teague Train' without any direct influence from a controller.

7NEWScom.au understands the club won't appoint an overarching director of coaching or mentor above Teague.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting Ellis wouldn't be the worst decision. 27 next year has 3 years of prime time footy. Very durable player. Premiership player. Can find the footy, could be a great replacement for Daisy at no cost (other than salary space).

Yes, agree, he needs to work on his contested game and kicking/decision making (which Daisy can also struggle with).

With a player like Ellis, you don't work on their weaknesses, you celebrate their strengths.

If you play Ellis, leave him on the wing. And keep him as far away from the contest as possible.

Couldn't be happier that Will Brodie signed with Gold Coast btw. I'm a big proponent of tell me what a player can do, not what he can't do... BUT if you can win the ball but can't get it to a team mate effectively, you might as well have not won the ball in the first place. For his and Gold Coast's sake, I hope he cleans that up and becomes a star, but I don't want that experiment in my lab at the moment.

there is a small part of me that would love to see Barass create a new account. Drop some Massive Bluemour and just sit back watching this place go crazy! cop the abuse then it come to fruition. would be gold.

Something cryptic....like Barass71..... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmmmm Grundy

The rumours posted lately on this thread are doing my head in.

What next, Joan Collins is having a torrid love affair with Mark LoGiudice ? (Probably less far fetched than the Brandon Ellis rumour, who wants that bum at Carlton anyway?)
Well, I heard the Fat Controller is on a radical diet. Soon to be known as the Thin White Duke. (Keep it on the downlow.)

Hmmmmmm Grundy

A couple of good calls there M8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back