Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re talking about Daisy, not Levi
No, I responded to a post that was talking about Levi.

Edit, ah ok, I see what you mean, oops.

I'm 100% with you on Papley, definitely worth the Adelaide pick.

I just think Casboult has become very structurally important. You're actually undervaluing him by bundling him with a second-rounder to land Martin.

Casboult has played well on occasions this year but he won’t be part of the grand plan.
Buy low ... sell high.
I’m cashing in on Levi’s season.
Martin would be a piece of Silvagni’s puzzle ...

He's been a little disappointing after coming back from the injury/illness no doubt, i see a player that possesses some elite qualities he's quick of mind and has tremendous awareness in and through congestion, he's decision making is right up there just his disposal efficiency letting him down at times atm.
He's a silky smooth player with wonderful evasiveness who has the ability to become a key player in setting up a strong midfield group, he'll be midfielder down the track but until he matures he'll be part of our rotations most likely forward and wing.
Personally i think he has serious upside, wait til he hits the 80-100 games mark👍
If he decided he wanted to go home Cerra would be the only player I'd be asking for...
Hasn't come on this season. Had some injury issues which may have affected his development. Needs more time and a big pre season. Also disappointed he hasn't got a right foot, and like him to work on same.

Casboult has played well on occasions this year but he won’t be part of the grand plan.
Buy low ... sell high.

I think 2nd + Levi (contracted elite swingman/2nd ruckman) is overpayment for Martin (uncontracted).

I'm happy for Levi to move across to the Suns if it benefits his family, but there is probably a better deal to be had there.

Buy low ... sell high.

We can get Martin in other ways, like future 2nd and some pick swaps.

From what we've heard from Teague Levi is very much in his plans.

Cas looks fit, he could probably keep a high standard for at least 2 years, maybe more. We've seen how quick teams can jump up the ladder like Brisbane...who's to say we couldn't make top 4 in 2-3 years? Cas could very well still be part of the team in that timeframe.

Yeesh. If we got Cognilio, Papley and Martin in a single trade period. Imagine.......

Naaa, it's just not going to happen. No chance of landing all three, maybe one?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've gotten our hopes up over landing all 3 in a mega trade period but honestly, even 1 of them would be a pretty decent off season when you consider every team is fighting for the good players.

1 is decent - a pass mark
2 is very, very good
3 is outrageous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget their reputation and look at their career output, Papley is so much better and consistent.

We’ll revisit if we land them, I guess.. J Martin still the better footballer, imo - get him out of the Suns and we’ll see the best of him .. he’ll be massive. If we get him for a straight swap second-rounder, it’s a big win. I’d have him at 10-15.

This is the information i have been waiting for re the trigger clause.
Sounds like it’s played out the way i was hoping.
The clause has been triggered, contracting Casboult for another year on the same money as this year, therefore, a trade is required if Casboult seeks to leave for a better offer.
My hope was always to tie Casboult into a trade for Martin, eg :
Martin for Casboult and our future 2nd.

If Cas were to be traded to GC i'd be enquiring about Peter Wright as part of a deal.

So Lloyd thinks we will win 7-12 games next year and going by the latest sentiment most are surprised by the number of wins we have achieved this year. I think Matthew and pretty much all footy media/AFL analysts are late to the party, given many of us predicted this rise some time ago, even without any possible acquisitions.

If Cas were to be traded to GC i'd be enquiring about Peter Wright as part of a deal.

Kreuzer TDK and possibly Cameron as ruckman.
Curnow McKay and McGovern as marking forwards.
No room or need for a very conditional 2mPeter.
Coniglio Papley Martin
All quality players of need
Identify and go hard !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back