Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Carlton related but Sorrento footy clubs captain made a comeback this weekend from full blown acl after only 9 weeks.

No surgery.

I've never heard of such a feat.

Got some advice from an EPL players physio after reading about it online.

I wonder how stable this type of rehab would be. Success rates etc. Could be a good option for older players later in their careers rather than full reco option.
Isn’t this what Dale Morris did? No surgery and 10 weeks. Lasted two games in the VFL, then went down in the first quarter of his come back AFL game, came back on, then went down again in the second quarter, didn’t come back on. Scans showed full ACL.

It was like 2 weeks ago

Not Carlton related but Sorrento footy clubs captain made a comeback this weekend from full blown acl after only 9 weeks.

No surgery.

I wonder how stable this type of rehab would be. Success rates etc. Could be a good option for older players later in their careers rather than full reco option.

Edit - link for anyone interested https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...y/news-story/0602daa7cd1754beb883b3de725e0bd1
My mate did this for div 1 basketball. longer recovery time but no surgery

Saw a rumor on Facebook (I know I know) linking us to Karl Amon. How would he compare to say Jack Martin? I haven’t seen him play but he seems to have the same AFL rating as Martin and a bit younger. Is he worth pursuing as a backup or instead of Martin?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why? Guy went water skiing injured shoulder?

Sorry don’t care how much you are paying players, they have every right to go out and have some fun with mate, he didn’t do anything illegal or even got drunk. It wasn’t during the season, it was simply bad luck.

What’s next no motorcycles or scooters incase they have an accident?

No sky diving or anything similar on end of season trips?
You sure he hadn’t been drinking?

New thread & it has already reached 14 pages. I'm not even going to try & keep up anymore. Would it be too much to ask one of our wonderful Mods to post a daily summary of posts in this thread? ;)

Sure... rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb.

New thread & it has already reached 14 pages. I'm not even going to try & keep up anymore. Would it be too much to ask one of our wonderful Mods to post a daily summary of posts in this thread? ;)
Here ya go...

Cogs may or may not be a Blue
Cogs may or may not be a Dawk
B70 been active, got a lot of people excited
Wines going to be in navy next year
Still no sign of Soapy
Some bloke from Sorrento got back a week after he did his knee
Gill is a cheat
Ross the boss coming back to the Blues
Thy hasn't started any fights, lost a bit of form

That's about it I think

I agree to some extent, Hawthorn have a reasonable core of players entering or at prime age for performance.
Add Cogs to a midfield that includes Mitchell, JOM, Worpel & McEvoy and it's close to the best going around. Bit of a question on depth but they could instantly contend.

Clarkson, whatever people may think of him, remains a draw card.

However I also feel that our back half of the year has probably highlighted many of our appealing qualities. Young list ready to explode, traditional club with huuuuuge supporter base.
Big statement about them contending, as the Haws have the second oldest list in the comp, and only a couple of reasonable kids on the way up..........too many people think Clarkson is the messiah, but he is just a "Dirty Boy"........they have gone out in straight sets twice and missed the finals the other time, and will likely miss out again. Their list is very average compared to others because he does not believe in going to the draft, whereas his club want to this year.............it`s all about his ego......so much like that bloody yank with the comb across and the fake tan...........both act like they are just so "entitled"...........:devil:

So he might be getable. Reckon there will be some significant changes at Port this year

who knows? But if Port said he is yours for the Crows pick or our first next year, you did it in a heartbeat. An a grade clearance player reduces the load on Cripps thereby extending his career. Also allows us to switch Cripps forward if our KFs are not firing.

Saw a rumor on Facebook (I know I know) linking us to Karl Amon. How would he compare to say Jack Martin? I haven’t seen him play but he seems to have the same AFL rating as Martin and a bit younger. Is he worth pursuing as a backup or instead of Martin?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a fan of Amon, have seen him a bit as I live in Adelaide and he wouldn’t be in our best 25.

Martin is definitely best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t this what Dale Morris did? No surgery and 10 weeks. Lasted two games in the VFL, then went down in the first quarter of his come back AFL game, came back on, then went down again in the second quarter, didn’t come back on. Scans showed full ACL.

It was like 2 weeks ago

Morris didn't fully rupture his ACL earlier in the year.

An experienced head like Lyons would be a massive advantage for the club, would be like what Neil Craig was for Bolton.
Look Davey, you can't just let the boys express their creativity like that. This isn't a drama school it's a bloody footy club!
Well Rossy, it was kinda working 'til you got here.
Davey, you little sausage, I've been around a lot longer and I say you need to control things tightly. Everything with a vice like anal grip. MYway..ERRRsorry Your way.

Bit more to the story that weekend....
Really dislike this thing people do where they imply that there's more to the story without elaborating. Either outright say what the problem was or it looks like youre just making s**t up to help your side of the argument

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No surgery.

Edit - link for anyone interested https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...y/news-story/0602daa7cd1754beb883b3de725e0bd1
ACL rupture. Means it was partially torn and instead of surgery you just flog rehab and have a strict diet and the ligament can heal itself. Local footy so maybe some steroids as well (took Dale Morris way longer than 9 weeks).

I really rate Sam Gray and he stacks up statistically against Papley:

Gray's 2019 Season avg. 17.7 disposals, 3.8 marks, 1.1 goals and 3.6 tackles per game
Papley's 2019 Season avg. 15.4 disposals, 4.8 marks, 1.7 goals and 3.0 tackles per game

I like the fact that Gray has a higher tackle count than Papley. He's willing to do the hard stuff.

His defensive pressure would work well with Teague's intention of having a higher press up the ground.

Papley 4 yrs younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back