Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
People sure get touchy around here at this time of year. There really was nothing to put to bed, I don't think that anybody suggested trading McKay, someone just posed a hypothetical question.

TCP then gives an opinion on the matter and that is meant to shut down the discussion, I don't get it.

To be clear, I think trading Harry would be crazy but all sorts of crazy things come up for discussion here, this one is no different to a lot of them.

I understand that people might be too quick to shut down rumours and or opinions, but surely if it is not in a bull's roar of the reality test, why would anyone prolong the discussion

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Lol Adelaide board reckon brad crouch is worth pick 6-8 with a sweetener going back the other way
If you could guarantee no injuries, and that he would fulfill his potential....hed be worth every bit of pick 6-8

But if my auntie.....you know the rest

B if i Know

Debutant
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The only outs will be those delisted & retired. Hopefully we trade our picks for Papley/Martin & recruit a FA.

Under almost no circumstances should we be shopping any of our young players around.
Don't disagree at all Jorge....but based on what happened last year, there are players moving clubs who's names haven't been mentioned by anyone....I'm hoping it's none of ours we want to stay. 🤞

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
If you could guarantee no injuries, and that he would fulfill his potential....hed be worth every bit of pick 6-8

But if my auntie.....you know the rest
I would have done that a few years ago.
But he is injury prone now and always will be it seems. You can’t trust his body despite playing the majority of games this season.

Also it looks like he’s lost his explosiveness which was one of assets that made him so attractive. Understandable with the amount of injuries he’s had.

Late 1st rounders imo

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol Adelaide board reckon brad crouch is worth pick 6-8 with a sweetener going back the other way
The Crouches are plodders. Slow, accumulator types. The problem is you have to do weird things to fit these types in. Like a Fasolo or Daniel Menzel - they bring some strengths but their weaknesses need to be covered by your other players.

Announcement: SOS, please DO NOT bring in the Crouches. Straight up future pick swap for 2020 (our first for their first) would be fine though. Be a nice book end to the Young Reid saga lol

rezzi

Senior List
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Why do people want to trade Harry Mac? Outside of goal finishing he's been excellent late in the year, getting up on the wing taking marks down the line and taking them inside 50. He's a beast and anyone who doesn't think so is a moran.

morans.jpg

But yeah pretty much this. He's a scapegoat atm because he isn't kicking well from set shots in front of goal. Ignore the goals he pulls out of his ass, his work rate up and down the wing, the fact he is 21, the fact he finished 3rd for contested marks in the league (45). Nope, he missed in front of goal. There must be better options out there.

Jorge

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Why do people want to trade Harry Mac? Outside of goal finishing he's been excellent late in the year, getting up on the wing taking marks down the line and taking them inside 50. He's a beast and anyone who doesn't think so is a moran.

Surely no one actually wants to trade him. Fans are obsessed with trading & list management so they try to invent currency to help facilitate their imaginary deals that are never going to happen. Some think we’re running an NBA franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back