Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cognilio names Carlton as his chosen club and GWS want a player for him, which SOS agrees to, who do you think will be offered to GWS?
"If all plans fall in place, we're in for a massive trade period"

Carlton official

Happy to pm a mod but I cannot say who told me on here

PM me... I’m the owner of the Bat Signal

I’m being a bit sarcastic, I don’t think you or posters can criticise the hawks mids as being injury prone or likely to fall apart when 3 of our best have similar concerns, Cripps broke his leg too, Charlie runs a lot and has had knee issues from before he was 18, Doc 2 recos, Kruz has had a reco, CAS has had a reco.

I don’t think it’s an issue with the Hawks as it’s not an issue with us.

Casboult hasn’t had a reco - he did however have a couple of PCL injuries in his first few years at the club.

IMO, retention of Casboult is probably more important to our list going forward than Kruezer - mainly due to durability and positional flexibility. Can’t recall the last time Casboult was required to ruck full time however would be somewhat interest to see with the lighter frame (loss of ruck competitiveness cf Kruezer, potential greater around the ground physical/marking presence)

Note: not calling for Kruezer to be let go or traded/retired.

Of course, but not too many others better. I rate Gresham who has pushed up to midfield this year. Rioli (West Coast goes alright too). Papley is in the top few, is contracted, is what 23-24 yo, Sydney on decline ...

Sometimes you have to pay overs to get the deal done and I think we’ll find this with Papley.
Go have a look at the draft pool, and tell me there are no kids who will have an immediate impact for us, or very quickly. Jeremy Sharp is one who stands out as suiting our needs, though he might take a year depending on how he handles the pre-season.

It’s a significant asking price for Papley but awfully tempting.

Would you have done the Cameron trade if you were Brisbane at the end of 2017?
No. That he is performing now reflects that their forward line is still largely built around him, probably through his own learnings of how Adelaide setup their forward structure for Betts. A lot of his output should dry up in September, though I will acknowledge that Brisbane's midfield potential far exceeds that of Adelaide's current setup (and you'd hope so given the picks thrown at it).

Essendon must be looking at McCluggage and crying into their pillow (exactly as many of us predicted).

But if I'm building my forward system around someone, I'd really hope they're kicking at least 2 a game on average. Next best is Hipwood on 31.

If we were to use pick 8 at the draft, we'd be hoping he'd turn out like Papley. We desperately need a forward like him. Why not actually just get Papley who is a known quantity at AFL level and able to have an immediate impact next year?
Strongly disagree. Players like Papley are worth an early second at the absolute most, maybe a shade more if they have serious pace and consistency. Why would you still be saying this after the McGovern trade?

We're in no rush to overpay, particularly if Conigilio comes to us.

"If all plans fall in place, we're in for a massive trade period"

Carlton official

Happy to pm a mod but I cannot say who told me on here
Appreciate this, but football officials say this every year, at every club.

The egotism is huge in this industry, so much so that every year I'm surprised a singularity doesn't form inside Marvel every October and sucks the entire city into its vortex, or at least that awful stadium.

Heya Jimmae can you please share a link or two to these analyses? Keen for a stickybeak!
I'd be pouring back through years of posts, literally thousands. Find the draft and phantom draft threads for this sub-forum, then use the new search features to search the thread for my comments. If you want to point at a specific draft, I'm happy to discuss that in the List Management thread.

I’m being a bit sarcastic, I don’t think you or posters can criticise the hawks mids as being injury prone or likely to fall apart when 3 of our best have similar concerns, Cripps broke his leg too, Charlie runs a lot and has had knee issues from before he was 18, Doc 2 recos, Kruz has had a reco, CAS has had a reco.

I don’t think it’s an issue with the Hawks as it’s not an issue with us.

Fair enough.

If GWS choose not to match for Cogs, what pick do we think they get for compensation? Is it a top 3 pick or towards the end of the first round?

If GWS choose not to match for Cogs, what pick do we think they get for compensation? Is it a top 3 pick or towards the end of the first round?

End of first round.

Just ask Hawks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back