Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite coming last, 2006 we had a helluva forward line, perhaps not best in the league but strong.. though only Fevola was really kicking goals.

Betts (20 goals from 21 games)
Fevola (84 goals from 21 games)
Lappin (9 goals from 19 games)
Kennedy (5 goals from 9 games)
Waite (18 goals from 13 games)
Whitnall (15 goals from 22 games)
Whitnall stays Hamill goes still Hurts

Hello all, I was curious to compare some stats of some key Small forwards.
Some ours, some we are targeting and the top shelf. Their game averages Over their AFL career
And yes I know they can play different roles ie. on ball.

Player Marks Disp Goals Tackles
D Cunningham 3 13.56 0.56 3.6
M Gibbons 3.29 14.67 0.76 2.71
Dan Butler 1.98 11 1.18 3.56
J Martin 4.97 16.35 0.84 3.71
Sam Gray 3.98 17.90 0.86 3.46
E Betts 2.92 12.31 1.9 3.09
Tom Papley 3.6 14.24 1.46 3.39
C Cameron 2.99 12.33 1.49 3.3
M Walters 3.97 17.02 1.73 2.83

Not a huge difference in Disposals & Tackles.
Seems to me, anyone with a goal avg above 1 is very good. Mid High ones elite.
On the stats above, I think picking up Betts & Butler would be a good get.
Your thoughts??
Gibbo will be above 1 by end of next year. It improved across the year.

Cunners will be above 1 by end of next year if he gets a good run at it.

Get Papley and Martin and we have a good mix. One gun mid away from a contender.

Cunningham McKay Martin
McGovern Curnow Papley

When this forward line is up and about there wouldn’t be too many other teams that would have a more dangerous setup.

Papley and Martin would be huge to our structure.
It really is the perfect mix and all those smalls are handy up the ground so it strengthens two areas of our team. Gives us the speed and good kicking that we have been searching for forward of centre. That’s why I’m more than happy for us to over pay abit. It actually helps our midfield out also.

The only team who probably has a more talented forward line would be the GC.

Given Martin was playing in the 2s in the bottom side, is out of contract and stated he wants to leave, I would expect an early second round pick would be sufficient.

If we effectively have turn pick 3 and 2020 first round into Stocker, Papley, Martin, Cameron and 2020 Sydney second round pick, I’d say that’s been a successful trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If worried about Phillips availability hope he finds a contract elsewhere —

Latest talk is that we've offered him a one year deal, which he hasn't yet signed.

If he can find a club willing to offer more than that, good luck to him...

just seen this on his wiki page?? re jack martin ...........After touring Carlton [9] and being impressed by their facilities, list and the prospect of joining the 'Teague Train', Jack decided that his preference for new club from 2020 and beyond would be Carlton.

Even has... haha

Untitled.png

Don’t believe it — they will

Don’t believe it -seems like nonsense —

There will have been conversations, but Tom Morris has been fed some BS I daresay. SOS is just trying to get Betts price down. No different than what occurred with Newman.

We've done the ground work with drafting. It's now time to start trading for needs.

I don't think the proposed Papley trade sounds that bad. Our first this year and next for Papley Cameron and a 2nd round this year and next.

Two firsts sounds steep but there is a fair bit coming back our way.

Investing our picks in needs this year will help us rise up the ladder next year and make landing free agents easier going forward.

If the 2 first rounders is really going to upset everyone though would Sydney bite at this.

First we trade pick 8 to GC for Martin and 17.

Then trade 17 and next years 1st to Sydney for the same package?

Whatever happens SOS always gets a fair deal and I back him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just take butler - with our forward line think we over value a Creative small forward — with McGovern Charlie McKay silvagni —just see ball get ball kick ball - tackle when don’t have ball — if can’t get papley(to expensive) go cheap stop the stress . Take Martin gray and butler —— and get me a true midfielder 🙏🏻.. you can add Cameron if that makes you happy

Despite coming last, 2006 we had a helluva forward line, perhaps not best in the league but strong.. though only Fevola was really kicking goals.

Betts (20 goals from 21 games)
Fevola (84 goals from 21 games)
Lappin (9 goals from 19 games)
Kennedy (5 goals from 9 games)
Waite (18 goals from 13 games)
Whitnall (15 goals from 22 games)
Kennedy looks like a bust. Can't believe we used pick 4 on him.

Alright which one of you was it,

Jacks wiki

View attachment 740012

just seen this on his wiki page?? re jack martin ...........After touring Carlton [9] and being impressed by their facilities, list and the prospect of joining the 'Teague Train', Jack decided that his preference for new club from 2020 and beyond would be Carlton.

3v6wd.gif

It's a steep price to pay when compared to pick 12 that Brisbane gave up for Cameron. Really pick 8 on it's own should be enough, maybe + steak knives.

But assuming we can flip one of Sydney's 2nd rounders (maybe + steak knives like pick 39) for Martin, i would be ok with the deal if push came to shove.

It could end up something like:
IN: Papley, Martin, Sydney 2020 2nd rounder, Cameron
OUT: Pick 8, 2020 1st rounder, pick 39

Not the best deal in the world, but OK given Papley's contract, and it will give us immediate improvement next year onwards.

The idea would be we would be enticing enough end of next year to lure a FA with these additions, or we still have our 2021 1st rounder and 2 x 2020 2nd rounders to trade for a gun mid/ruck.
Which works out to be:
IN: Papley, Stocker, Martin, Sydney 2020 2nd rounder, Cameron
OUT: Pick 3/4, 1st round pick 2020, Pick 39 (which I think isn’t needed)

Except that Port would never accept that deal.

Papley is absolutely more needed than Wines where the squad is right now.
I disagree.
I think Wines is a more urgent need and I think PA would happily take that while they can still cover losing him.
Will be a different story when Rockliff and Boak are ready to retire

I disagree.
I think Wines is a more urgent need and I think PA would happily take that while they can still cover losing him.
Will be a different story when Rockliff and Boak are ready to retire

Boak is 31 and Rockcliff will be 30 before the start of next season. Would be a big mistake to get rid of Wines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back