Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJimmy

All Australian
Sep 18, 2011
The Red House Over Yonda
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton FC

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd like DeLuca to be given a chance to do a full pre-season to actually get to an AFL fitness level. He's mainly been used as a small forward and was satisfactory in the limited time he had to show his ability, when his rightful position is midfield.. Is big bodied, and smart, and has plenty of potential for improvement. I would be disappointed if he were delisted.

The beauty of the new system in place is that should it not appear to be working out/borderline re-signing that we can at least give Josh a chance to do the pre-season in hope of impressing, if we have a spot available, similar to last season.

He’d get an extra $20K if he’s not re-signed but would also be s DFA.

Not the preferred use of the mid-season draft, as ideally used as s bonus pick for a long-term player, or used for someone under our nose e.g. Frank Anderson, Sam Fisher, Blakey.

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
90% of our list isnt fast, probably more actually.

LOB, Cunningham, Polson are probs the only ones I'd consider to have any kind of speed. Harry when he gets in stride.
McGovern was recorded the fastest player on field for us this year, must have been a very short sprint.

Jones is fast enough.

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
The beauty of the new system in place is that should it not appear to be working out/borderline re-signing that we can at least give Josh a chance to do the pre-season in hope of impressing, if we have a spot available, similar to last season.

He’d get an extra $20K if he’s not re-signed but would also be s DFA.

Not the preferred use of the mid-season draft, as ideally used as s bonus pick for a long-term player, or used for someone under our nose e.g. Frank Anderson, Sam Fisher, Blakey.
Can Josh stay on the rookies list?

If so can't see why he wouldn't get another year. If he takes a senior spot on the list not so sure.

95blues

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
McGovern was recorded the fastest player on field for us this year, must have been a very short sprint.

Jones is fast enough.

McGovern is explosive and Jones slightly less so but when I think of fast I think of someone I can picture taking a few bounces along the wing.

I still think we're one of the slower teams going around.

ctwenty1

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Going to The Champions of Carlton function tonight on a VIP table with Diesel and Sticks any questions for two of our best ever?
To sticks- has he forgiven himself for missing everything in a kick after the siren against * in round 2 1993? I haven’t. All we needed was a point to win.
To diesel- how many years before Sam Walsh tears opposing teams the proverbial new one?

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
McGovern is explosive and Jones slightly less so but when I think of fast I think of someone I can picture taking a few bounces along the wing.

I still think we're one of the slower teams going around.
Yeah agree, which is why I was so hopeful that Pickett would make it.

Not sure LOB is that fast either and Polson would bounce the ball over him head.

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
I am starting to agree with you.
Whitfield 95 ranking points up to half time in an important final. 100 ranking points is a good game at full time.

Would be the perfect player to have around Cripps.

Actually, the quote is more reflective of ignorance and limitations of the ability to think, than accuracy.

But I won't argue the point with you my meaty friend, you'll only bring me down to your level, then eventually beat me with experience.
One reaches out with a tenderiser and gets back a whack on the rump.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Whitfield 95 ranking points up to half time in an important final. 100 ranking points is a good game at full time.

Would be the perfect player to have around Cripps.
We will have to wait until next year and we should have an almighty crack at him. This year we don’t have the assets without trading out one of our highly rated kids.

Feb 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
These rumours relating to SOS not prepared to renegotiate Jack Martin's contract are starting to alarm me. Wasnt it the same SOS whose offer to Saad was substantially inferior to Essendon steering him their way. You can safely say he stuffed up on those negotiations. I go back to T Mitchell. One of the reasons we weren't into him was his asking price. Another miscalculation?. Not sure but didnt Essendon also outbid us for Devon Smith? Who determines the size of the contract offer, SOS Lloyd or Agresta?

Dirk

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
We will have to wait until next year and we should have an almighty crack at him. This year we don’t have the assets without trading out one of our highly rated kids.
Yeah just a pipe dream atm, but bet SOS has asked the question this year just to put the seed in Whitfield's head for next year.

Whitfield was alway the one I wanted.

I
I've already sent SOS my BSB and acc no. First in best dressed lads.

probably should have done that myself - not much return from this mob as yet

How-to-get-a-loan-from-the-Development-Bank-of-Nigeria.jpg

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah just a pipe dream atm, but bet SOS has asked the question this year just to put the seed in Whitfield's head for next year.

Whitfield was alway the one I wanted.

Any move for Whitfield will follow Coniglio, Kelly and Sheil. Its all but certain. Its a pipe dream as you said. I just cant see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back