Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Rourke was Pick 2 in the draft two years earlier.

How can you not factor in age when JO'R was 20 at the time and Tuohy is almost 27?

I'd say a massive bust at pick 2 at that. Has done sfa, simply stating that for immediate output a side up the top end of the ladder should have no problem paying that. Tuohy seems like a guy that will play till he is 32 so there's still 4-5 decent years in him.

No surprise Brisbane are interested in Cas. If they offer up a good deal i reckon the club would take it. McKay, Curnow and Silvagni in our forward line looks pretty good even at this early stage.

Could Bell & Robinson got into Swann's ear ??

If anyone makes a 'reasonable' offer we will take it.

Could Bell & Robinson got into Swann's ear ??

If anyone makes a 'reasonable' offer we will take it.

More so the fact that Schache and Hipwood are still so young and they need support. Bell went there for a second rounder last year, it's not unrealistic to get a second rounder for Cas especially considering they have two of them already at #20 and #24.

More so the fact that Schache and Hipwood are still so young and they need support. Bell went there for a second rounder last year, it's not unrealistic to get a second rounder for Cas especially considering they have two of them already at #20 and #24.

If they offered either one of those picks I couldn't sign the paperwork quick enough ........... and then run away fast like I'd stolen something.

If Sos really wanted Mayes he would have been in Mayes ear before he signed a 2 year extension at the lions 2 weeks ago

agreed. Mayes would command a first round pick. Getting him out of contract would be cray cray.

Brisbane are chock full of classy young talls, with another Connor Ballenden, current underage powerforward (198cm) a possible no. 1 pick next year.
Schache, Andrews(defender) and Hipwood(swingman) are future A Graders. McStay and Gardiner accepted as top young prospects and academy boy
Hammelman has them excited as well. Paparone a running 3rd tall balances the equation, leaving only "old" Sauce Merrett and Josh Walker as the
viable mature players to protect the kids.

They have a significant group of other tall prospects who look to have fallen off the pace Close and Freeman have some forward creds, recent draftee
Sam Skinner seems superfluous then rookie Jackson Paine and Hugh Beasley. The poster questioning the tenure of Stef Martin has a point, right for
next year, but not beyond. Have a promising rookie ruck in Archie Smith, who would need genuine support from a Casboult type rather than a
pinch hitter like Walker.

Makes some sense....they are flush for talls, but pretty much all kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might try and throw Lewy Taylor our way - would consider a straight swap for him if he'd be committed to our cause. Can find the footy, quick and knows how to find a goal - just had an awful year and get the feeling he's going the way of Aish (to VIC).

Would be interesting seeing Taylor (173cm) and Cripps (195cm) line up together in the centre square :D

I cannot see Tuohy leaving. Mainly because it would destroy the dream of an all-Irish HB line when Byrne and Sheehan return. I hope the club don't force him out if he wants to stay.

I cannot see Tuohy leaving. Mainly because it would destroy the dream of an all-Irish HB line when Byrne and Sheehan return. I hope the club don't force him out if he wants to stay.

He's one of the few players that may give us the extra leverage to pull off a good deal.

We don't have to move him on but if the interest comes in strong and the result of that interest form a part of a deal too good to refuse.........?

Brisbane are chock full of classy young talls, with another Connor Ballenden, current underage powerforward (198cm) a possible no. 1 pick next year.
Schache, Andrews(defender) and Hipwood(swingman) are future A Graders. McStay and Gardiner accepted as top young prospects and academy boy
Hammelman has them excited as well. Paparone a running 3rd tall balances the equation, leaving only "old" Sauce Merrett and Josh Walker as the
viable mature players to protect the kids.

They have a significant group of other tall prospects who look to have fallen off the pace Close and Freeman have some forward creds, recent draftee
Sam Skinner seems superfluous then rookie Jackson Paine and Hugh Beasley. The poster questioning the tenure of Stef Martin has a point, right for next year, but not beyond. Have a promising rookie ruck in Archie Smith, who would need genuine support from a Casboult type rather than a pinch hitter like Walker.

Makes some sense....they are flush for talls, but pretty much all kids.
Said poster was suggesting Brisbane trade Martin in the upcoming trade period. Leaving them with West and Smith as their ruck options. That would be madness.

They might try and throw Lewy Taylor our way - would consider a straight swap for him if he'd be committed to our cause. Can find the footy, quick and knows how to find a goal - just had an awful year and get the feeling he's going the way of Aish (to VIC).

Would be interesting seeing Taylor (173cm) and Cripps (195cm) line up together in the centre square :D
Lewy has gone backwards since winning the rising star. He may get a lot of the ball but his possessions have zero impact on the game itself. Has posted a negative meters gained count on a number of occasions this year.

Club has to do what's best. Casboult and Touhy should have really good trade value, a side could use Casboult as a second ruck and get plenty out of him. I wonder if trading Casboult+our first for a player/their second and their first is an option. Perhaps Casboult and both their second rounders + our 3rd, could be good to ontrade, perhaps if the proposed GWS deal is still on the cards for multiple players.

Touhy is a good player and would interest plenty of sides. Would be interesting if we load up on second round picks. Could really help us get more picks in the first round or players that we want through to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back