Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might try and throw Lewy Taylor our way - would consider a straight swap for him if he'd be committed to our cause. Can find the footy, quick and knows how to find a goal - just had an awful year and get the feeling he's going the way of Aish (to VIC).

Would be interesting seeing Taylor (173cm) and Cripps (195cm) line up together in the centre square :D

Just don't park in the club car park if Taylor arrives at CFC.

I will vomit into my cornflakes if we get Lewis Taylor, do not want him at our footy club under any circumstances (especially as he is reportedly asking for 500 K a season, give me a spell)

Some whispers around the traps that The Saints might possibly trade Billings. He'd be a much better pick up than Taylor.

The Doggies are right into Michael Hurley as well apparently, which may see Boyd exit the Dogs if he doens't take a pay cut.

I will vomit into my cornflakes if we get Lewis Taylor, do not want him at our footy club under any circumstances (especially as he is reportedly asking for 500 K a season, give me a spell)

Some whispers around the traps that The Saints might possibly trade Billings. He'd be a much better pick up than Taylor.

The Doggies are right into Michael Hurley as well apparently, which may see Boyd exit the Dogs if he doens't take a pay cut.

(i) agreed, do not want Lewis

(ii) hard to see them offloading Billings, what would he cost though ??

(iii) they can have Hurley as long as someone else takes Boyd, just not us

Where are these whispers coming from? Would've thought Billings was untradeable - but I would trade my left nut for him. Gun.

I cannot see Tuohy leaving. Mainly because it would destroy the dream of an all-Irish HB line when Byrne and Sheehan return. I hope the club don't force him out if he wants to stay.
There have been reports that contract talks have stalled and Touhy is is a required player. Maybe it is Touhy and his management looking elsewhere.

How many nuts are you willing to trade by the way?
Just the one if he's on the table. Unfortunately they come in a limited supply. In all seriousness, I'd put our first on the table in a straight swap if they were keen, otherwise could work in something with Levi if they expressed an interest.

Just the one if he's on the table. Unfortunately they come in a limited supply. In all seriousness, I'd put our first on the table in a straight swap if they were keen, otherwise could work in something with Levi if they expressed an interest.
Even with his injury history? You obviously don't value your left one

Hmmm. Seems legit... :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are these whispers coming from? Would've thought Billings was untradeable - but I would trade my left nut for him. Gun.

BF mainly tbh :)

The Hurley rumour i heard today from a mate who claims he from sources, take it for what its worth but apparently that is the reason for all these Tom Boyd pay cut rumours.

The Doggies would be one of the most desirable destination clubs right now i would have thought (don't think players care too much about the off field/political bollocks tbh)

Interested in Prestia but asking price might be out of our reach

I still can't see us paying the money being touted and we aren't in a position that we have to pay overs just to keep the natives at bay.
The CFC have taken the heat off themselves by declaring our position. Some other teams haven't and likely won't.

If we got Prestia for the right value, then fine.
If we don't get Prestia, because we weren't prepared to pay overs, then that's fine too. No problem.

BF mainly tbh :)

The Hurley rumour i heard today from a mate who claims he from sources, take it for what its worth but apparently that is the reason for all these Tom Boyd pay cut rumours.

The Doggies would be one of the most desirable destination clubs right now i would have thought (don't think players care too much about the off field/political bollocks tbh)

Im so against Tom Boyd having to take a pay cut. Yes he doesnt deserve the money hes on, however how would you feel if someone asked you to give up 300k+ per year. The dogs were dumb enough to give him that contract, and what happens if after football he isnt in a position to earn anymore money. I hope he doesnt budge!

Im so against Tom Boyd having to take a pay cut. Yes he doesnt deserve the money hes on, however how would you feel if someone asked you to give up 300k+ per year. The dogs were dumb enough to give him that contract, and what happens if after football he isnt in a position to earn anymore money. I hope he doesnt budge!
it's a tough one, he must feel under immense pressure to perform but no one held a gun to his head, or the Dogs, when the deal was made.

I wouldn't want to be Tom Boyd in 3 years if he is still a fringe player on $1 million per year. How would he sleep at night? A: probably on a giant gold bed with many beautiful women. (Simpson's quote)

If Pickerings' wallet gets affected, then it just won't happen....and to be fair, why should it?

If this does go down, it would be good to know exactly how it comes about. Can't be all clean, as far as I can see.

AFL said that if Buddy takes a pay cut/retires at Sydney his contract stays in their salary cap. Cannot see the Dogs being treated differently

Sets a horrible precident of shifty deals to get players to clubs otherwise.

Player wants to get to his club puts 1m price tag on his head which throws others off the scent then takes a pay cut, to help the club out.

Just stupid.

You make ur bed u lie in it!

All clubs make recruitment/contract errors at some point.

Would Peter Gordon advise anyone with a legally binding contract in any other form of employment, to take a pay cut to help the company perform better?

My utensil he would.

I brought this up over a week ago, a pay cut may serve Boyd well in the long run, but....

He'd be crazy to take a pay cut "for the club". And he shouldn't have to. They did their sums, they rolled the dice, they thought it was a smart move. It's not his fault or his problem that they shot themselves in the foot.

On the other hand, a pay cut may be just what he needs to remove this overwhelming pressure and expectation from his shoulders. It may benefit him as a footballer, which then benefits his team.

Either way, I don't see it happening...

All clubs make recruitment/contract errors at some point.

Would Peter Gordon advise anyone with a legally binding contract in any other form of employment, to take a pay cut to help the company perform better?

My utensil he would.
Lots of male anatomy discussion on the site today. Collective term might be a sackful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back