Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

A guy who I have recently started working with told me he's heard Rowe for Lennon. He seems to really have his finger on the pulse with what is going on but I don't think he has any special connections. I don't know the guy super well so I have no idea how solid a rumour it is. Just thought I'd pass it on

#bluemor

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Please don't shoot the messenger, as this rumor doesn't fill me with any joy.

I attended a function on the weekend, that was also attended by members of the Gibbs family. Here is what I was told.

1. Lauren desperately wants to get back to Adelaide to be closer to her family.
2. Ross was in Melbourne ~10 days ago to meet the Carlton hierarchy with Bryce.
3. Bryce was in Adelaide last week to meet with the Adelaide hierarchy.
4. Adelaide are not sure that they will be able to meet Carlton's price, but if they can, then both clubs are open to the trade.

Anyway might amount to nothing, but just thought I'd let you all know.

#Blumour

was at the cfc gf lunch yesterday and spoke to both Trigg and andy mc... Adelaide have been in contact with Gibbs and his management, they are trying to convince his Partner that it's for the best if they return to SA... But Gibbs has said he would like to stay.. As of Thursday Gibbs said he would like to stay.... 'they'd want to be giving up something very good if we were to consider a trade' quote trigg... Also I asked about Stewart and Trigg said 'I would like to think he will be a blue next year', they didn't give much away about hrovat.

#bluemour

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas ($700K), Casboult ($350K) & Jones ($400K) all to be delisted at the end of 2017.

Their collective salaries will be given to Nat Fyfe who will join us as a Free Agent on an 6-year deal worth $8million heavily front-loaded and scaled down over the course of the deal (eg. $2mill for year 1, $350K for year 6).

#bluemour

The Gibbs + 24 (our 2nd rounder currently) for Adelaide's 13 + Lyons trade has been mentioned in some other threads this morning as I believe the rumour was floated on Trade Radio ?? sometime earlier today.

The rumour has copped a barrage of negative response by Carlton fans, which is fine as people will have their own views about the merits of the deal and whether it is a good deal for us or not.

But, there has also been a barrage of negative response from fans centering on the legitimacy of the rumour, and so I have come on here to dispel that, because last night I was informed about this exact same trade scenario from a VERY VERY VERY reliable source. I cannot reveal the source suffice it to say it is someone who works at Carlton and it's not the guy who carries the water bottles (think high up in the on-hands footy department). I actually mentioned this trade via PM to a fellow poster here in private earlier today, prior to seeing the rumour mentioned in other threads. You might chose to see that as further illustrating the legitimacy of the rumour.

What is important to note here is even if this rumour is true, and as I have tried to illustrate my view is this comes from a VERY reliable source, this doesn't mean this trade will certainly go ahead. What I was told last night was that this trade is by no means signed off. I imagine SOS must have 100s of like trade scenarios he is working through, and so there is only a small chance this trade, in its current proposed format, will eventually transpire.

But, the whole point of this post was to inform fellow posters that this rumour is, in my view, 100% genuine and almost certainly is something the club are at this stage at least contemplating. I cannot express this any more clearly.

Please do not PM me asking about my source as I cannot reveal this.

Just thought I would compile a few of the main rumors from Barass70 from the 'Blumour discussion thread' over the past couple of days for the files...

More than likely 5 players will be involved in the deal but Steele won't be one of them

In reply to Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart, Corr, McKenna being part of the 5 players:
Got 4 right other one is from left field can't give no more

In reply to Corr being one of the players:

In reply to Matthew Kennedy possibly being the 5th player:
More like other Kennedy

Also:
Your right working on pick 16 or 17

5 players can all play Bolton thinks all fit will be in team come round 1 hopefully it comes off it's very even draft pick 5-20 not much in it

#blumour

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back