Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if we end up with both Setterfield and Shiel, will most likely be one or the other. Will depend on the decision Shiel makes.

One last note, whoever is talking about seven year deals for 1.1mill - 1.3mill has been smoking crack and lots of it.

Our offer isn't anything like that and I doubt saints would be offering that either
#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying to respond to two questions at once

I think we will still get McGovern but the PP decision has undoubtedly made it harder. Don’t worry about what the club says publicly - they are filthy. The state league thing might help a bit - if there is a player that a club with a late teen pick really wants, we may be able to do business

As for why McGovern, let me answer this way - had Adelaide put him on the table two years ago when they first wanted Gibbs, the deal could have been done then. Bolton really rates him - primarily his marking power. There is no doubt we lack small and medium goal kicking types. He’s a different type of player but he is basically identical dimensions - height and weight - to
De Goey.

Now I must depart again. Back when I have news

#Bluemour

Had this news a week ago but was asked to keep quiet but I’ve got the all clear to let it out.
- Setterfield completed are medical at Princes Park early last week.
- the deal is now in the queue waiting for other negotiations to take place first

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Gws have been told that they will be dealing with us by Shiel camp. Shiel will still be meeting other clubs this week notwithstanding re due diligence. Chris Judd, Paul conners and Shiel are all singing from the same song sheet. Setters less sure as * are heavily in that space too.

We are enquiring about gws Kennedy too.

#bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back