Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Before it is said, yes i realise i rarely post.

But

5 year deal with an option of a 6th year at $1,000,000 a year for Dylan Shiel.

Future 1st round and pick #25 should land both Setterfield and Shiel. If not we might have to offer up a player for a sweetener, who that player would be I wouldn’t have a clue.

Carlton met with Setterfield today and we are currently the front runners for him. Essendon have offered him abit more money but his keen to get to us. Shiel will meet with the club tomorrow.

Now people with say Shiel will cost us more but SOS will argue the fact that we he will be a free agent next year and the compensation won’t be as much as our future 1st round pick. Setterfield is likely worth a very last 1st round pick and SOS will say well we have an early second round pick and maybe we pay some of the salary from the boys to get it done. It doesn’t matter what the other clubs can offer Shiel because he wants to come to us so it isn’t an issue.

Happy to PM the mods the source.

#Bluemour

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiel has another meeting with the club tomorrow. Club expecting to be told either way his intentions shortly after that meeting. I'd say the chances are dramatically lower of landing him than they were a week ago, still very much a possibility. If he decides on hawks and then they are unable to get the deal done, blues won't step in and make an offer. SOS & bolts want players that are committed to the club.

If Shiel doesn't get done, setterfield becomes much easier.

#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ockham's Razor on TC said:
Blues still very much a chance to land Shiel.

However, Blues are realistic, the Hawks are still involved and therefore also a chance.

SOS will not overpay and he won't lose his nerve.

The club is focussed on long term success. They have set standards and will ensure the players that come to the club are engaged.

If not Shiel, then there will be others.
#Bluemour

7 years @ 1 to 1.1 mill is on the table.
If todays little picnic isnt enough to get him over the line then we should pack it in.
Guess we will know by Thursday

Also I dont know why Stk and Ess keep getting mentioned. They have been told not interested

Carlton will only trade One State League player. Levi will be traded. Liam Jones a chance to go to GWS as a part of a trade. Scrimshaw not coming to carlton we don't want him. Goddard a chance but will come down to numbers. Michael B will not be playing for us next year. Pick one may be used but not for a straight swap for Shiel. Brodie will play out his contract.

#Bluemour

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiel is expected to tell us tomorrow his intentions. Feeling much more confident about him coming. Casboult will almost certainly be traded. GWS keen on Jones as well, not sure what they are offering. Club would prefer to keep Jones so I doubt he gets traded.

#Bluemour

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back