Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Andrew Russel to Carlton as head of high performance.

Source: Isaac Smith and one of the Collins family -- also article on AFL website

#bluemour

Rumour already covered, but thought this was valuable info. Mods delete if you want.

Andrew Russell is a massive get and Brad Lloyd can take the credit. Coyness last night due to Blues and Hawks still talking - he’s still under contract so they’re not pleased. Hard for them to be too holier than thou though - Sam Mitchell’s contract doesn’t bother them. Despite the club keeping it very quiet they let Shiel’s management know straight away - that’s how significant the signing is

#Bluemour sort of

Last edited:

ericpascoe

All Australian
Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hearing - from a non Carlton source - the Bombers are up to their neck in Shiel. If he goes there it will be about ease of deal. Straight out, acceptable first round pick now. Easier than us (future first) or Hawks (crappy first). Downside for Shiel is that they are offering less money

#Bluemour

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
My ITK Hawks person (former board member) says if Carlton gets Russell we also get Shiel. If Hawks convince Russell to stay then Shiel is Hawks bound. Confirmed their meeting this afternoon.

"Increased career prospects" for Russell that are not available to him at Hawthorn is the reason why he's excited to join Carlton.

#Bluemour

boltsbabyblues

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I have media connections, I was going to reveal my source in a private message to a mod but i got spooked. Kept getting weird pms from new users with 1 or 2 posts. Shiel is a done deal. the hold up is he doesn't want to announce until we have agreed to a deal with gws trade wise.

doesn't want to end up stuck there for a year like B.Gibbs was with us and cop s**t about it. Will move to the Hawks if our deal can't satisfy

edit....a mod can check my account and the pms for verification

TheRedPill

All Australian
Jun 24, 2005
here
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
A football team
Shiel is in Melbourne this morning meeting with his manager. Everyone is very keen to get a final decision either way. It’s out of us and Essendon from what I’m hearing.

GWS aren’t going to let Setterfield go easily.

McGovern deal will involve multiple teams... The Swans 1st is likely to be involved.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:

plentyblckie

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2009
plenty
AFL Club
Carlton
Footy review conducted highlighted 3 major issues
1. Players not fit enough.. senior players exempt... refers primarily to all the young guys ..not working as hard as other clubs...thus going after Russell

2.game plan..some of the coaching panel saying its the most complicated they have ever seen..will be stripped back

3. Development or lack of via nth blues..expect changes

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Fas was originally three year deal, some of the team expressed concerns on that contract length. Was communicated to Fasolo, response was more or less 'Give me a one year deal, I'll prove myself'.

#Bluemour

Back