Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

GC one of the clubs interested in 1. Possible trade could be 1 + next years first for 2+3 plus some other swaps. We'd then look at on trading 2+3 to the Adelaide clubs. Will depend on what the other clubs want to offer obviously, GC very interested in Walsh and aren't interested in mass picks from Adelaide due to their current draft hand.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Messaged one of my GC contacts.

On Jack Martin to Carlton: "It would take massive overs. We wouldn't accept Essendon's pick 9 and any of the players they offered. He hasn't given us any signs that he wants out. It was Essendon thinking they could raid us. **** Essendon."

On Gold Coast wanting Sam Walsh: "Best player in the draft by a country mile. That's saying something given how good the top end is this year. A sure thing. A genuine gun midfielder out of the gate. Carlton know this. It would take overs your way to make it happen. Worth it though. Unless Carlton have trades for ready made guns entering their prime in mind I don't see why you trade Walsh."

On rumored trade: "Very early days. Question is what is Carlton's end game more than what is ours. Who have they lined up with those selections? Wingard and 10/11? The Crouch brothers and 13/16? I suspect that if you trade pick 1 and your next year's first that you'll have 2 or 3 ready made A-graders and first round draft picks ending up on your list."

#Bluemour

A prominent poster on draft boards told me SOS is keen on Bailey Smith and Ben King. He works at Sandy Dragons so I don't think he's making it up.

Would not be against trading down for this if true. Would probably prefer to trade the King pick out for a mature gun though. Lachie Neale would be ideal.
#Bluemour

A rumour from a poster via PM who has had some good mail recently. Will remain anonymous for now:

Carlton looking at trading pick 1 for pick 2 and something else TBC. Possible options discussed are a second rounder, Jack Martin, or a 2019 second round pick.
The idea is to increase our return on pick 1 by getting it to the Crows while we still get Walsh and more back. GC end up with several picks inside 20.

#bluemour

A lot of interest in pick 1. We are happy to just sit back and wait for now. Our preference is to be able to draft Walsh, if we can be certain of doing that and getting something extra we will (e.g trading to Adelaide clubs with us getting pick 2 back or pick 3 back if they get 1&2). The other option is to be certain of being able to draft Walsh OR Smith. For that to happen we will need significant overs.

We are in zero rush and the offers are getting better by the day.

#Bluemour

The thinking is less about trading Pick 1 and more about using our future 1st to get Pick 2, and in turn seeing what opportunities arise to trade down. It would take something outrageous for us to part with Pick 1.

Walsh is a superstar, and every club would take him at #1. There is no trading down from 1 and still getting him.

#Bluemour/opinion but TRP has good form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick recap of the last few hours:

Don't think we are done quite yet

Saints most likely to downgrade (nothing to do with us I don't think)

Offers ramping up for #1. GC vs Adel who will win

Yes, there's a chance. But only if we get overs as we have stated all along. Just because we get offers doesn't mean we will definitely trade it. Plus only rush if a player is involved

Spot on! No one wanted Scrimshaw. Hawks were pressured into taking him.

I don’t think we will do anything big today. Not rock solid but like I’ve said before re: future 1st, I suspect pick trades may occur in the ensuing weeks.

GC offering Jack Martin + this year's first round for 1

(Pick 6)

SOS wants Brodie involved in the deal and it will get done

Otherwise 3+ Martin and we might bite.

Watch this spac3

Tom browne=flog with no idea

Pick 1 is being auctioned off to the highest bidder

Sheil talk can stop. Ess bound

Shiel 100% not coming stop with the scenarios

Don't count Port Adelaide out of the race for pick 1...

Newman for a swap of future 4ths

#bluemour

#bluemost

Last edited:
Little bit of inside information. Walsh will be No.1 pick for us. 99.9% sure unless something ridiculous comes our way

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back