Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

i can understand that my post count will be checked out and may be "counted" against me and that's fine i understand it ... but i received a text today from a Blues fan mate who is very old school ... he is one of these grass roots characters who has played 723 games of footy for the Amateurs and in the Heidelberg league ... i can't remember if he is direct or indirect mates with Kinnear Beatson, and he catches up with Brett Stanton every time the latter returns to his grass roots team ... my mate is **STILL** playing cricket despite being almost as old as WG Grace (for Banyule i think) ... anyway, he does NOT share information lightly ... but a cricket team mate of his sent him the following message, which he forwarded to me ...

"Gentleman, my boss’ brother in law is the National Recruiting Manager for GWS - Adrian Caruso. His words are “Something would have to drastically change for Coniglio not to be at Carlton next year”. Definitely not staying at GWS. Thought I would share."

#Bluemour

Last edited:

Soapy on state of play

Betts is media rumours. Not being considered
Papley highly unlikely. Swans won't let him go.
Coniglio hasn't made decision but club confident
Many other names in the mix not even being discussed
Teague to be announced very soon

#Bluemour

Spoke to a friend tonight who had dinner with a current player recently.

The current player said a few interesting things.

1- he wants Teague as coach, had spoken to a few ex brisbane players and they said they didn't like Voss when they played under him.

2- Simmo would like to go around again next year - thinks he will re-sign after coach is announced.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

#Bluemour

Simmo to get another year, dale thomas likely to be delisted (small possibility he will stay on but will depend on how willing he is to play large chunks of VFL).

Cas will likely leave, being offered more money and more years elsewhere. Is keen to stay but it's not an offer we are likely to get close to match, so will depend on how much of a haircut he is willing to take to stay. Also game time could be an issue for him going forward

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow up from TCP on his post above.

Delisted is probably too strong of a word, there is a contract there for him but the view is that senior game time might be hard to come by so we are being upfront about that. Daisy also has some other opportunities he might prefer to follow (non playing).

#Bluemour

Barrett on MMM just now reckons no decision on our coach will be made until our season has finished.
Please announce it tomorrow Blues, smash some egg on his face :D

In reply to the above ...

It’s been mentioned enough here over the past few days but yes, it’s being announced tomorrow morning.

#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't discount Betts reunion just yet. Current talk of more than playing role being discussed.
Plenty to play out but more than just smoke.

As far as the Teague appointment goes, he is all class. Even after the busy day he has had, still finds time to text people back that he brushed shoulders with 10 years ago.

#Bluemour
">
#Bluemour

Few pieces:

• Papley almost certainly not happening. Swans want two first rounders for him
  • Martin will be secured early in the trade period
  • No news on the rabbit front
  • Can confirm Soapy news re VFL coaching shake up
  • Butler isn't on the cards (part of a squeeze attempt)

#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back