Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Associate who has connections with Geelong Falcons says we are big into Cooper Stephens.

Also says he has heard GEE searching hard to trade up for McAsey or Jackson and have engagedwith us.

Don’t expect Stephens to be selected at 9, but a trade down or Stocker-esque transaction may well be in the works.

#Bluemour

I just read this in the bluemour melting pot, and saw it wasn't posted here. So...

Future first and second was just an example btw. We could get more depending on the cluv. Also club thinks there will be a lot of room for movement with the compromised draft next year (clubs wanting to get ahead of bids like freo and gws this year)

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this rumour about a month from the draft, and decided not to post until after the draft had been held.
This was given to me who knows someone well connected to the Oakleigh Chargers

Matt Rowells family has very strong ties with Carlton and that his plan is to go play 4 years with his mate Anderson at GC then request a trade to Carlton.
Also said that Anderson would request a trade back to Vic at the same time.

I get that alot can change in 4 years, but this was how it stood prior to the draft.

#Bluemour

Interesting chat with a former Blue today..From what he said, the decision to bring Betts in caused friction with SOS. It basically became SOS v Liddle/Teague. Teague believed Betts could be of value on the field and Liddle saw the value from marketing and membership perspective.
In the former Blue's words 'SOS is a stubborn bastard and didn't take kindly to being overuled'..
Other things have happened (he wouldn't elaborate), but the Betts issue brought it all to a head.

Interestingly though, he didn't mention anything about SOS leaving though. Maybe I should have asked, but we were having a beer with a group of cricket dads and I didn't want to go too deep 😀

#Bluemour

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I heard some info surrounding Charlie and the injury setback to his knee again..
From what I was told, he did have a minor fall/slip, but not enough to re-injure his knee the way it did. Upon getting it checked, it seems as though the first op wasnt done correctly. Now I'm no medico, so I have no idea how, but the work done to his knee cap (pins??) had to be re-done again.
The Club are absolutely filthy.. but not at Charlie.
Confirmed. Screws put in the wrong way.

#****!
#Bluemour

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Matthew Clarke, Tigers recruiting manager, being seriously looked at. He is highly regarded and has been recommended by a number of respected types at other clubs. That might send a few people into a liddle spin but he would be a good get according to many.

#Bluemour

Back