Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

I spoke to my Carlton source earlier. I asked him if I could share his thoughts and was told to go ahead.

He disagreed with me a month or so ago when I said that we'd be firing heading into finals after getting our players back as they'd be fresh. He reiterated his reasoning:

He feels that because we lost vital players for month/s of the season that other players had to step up beyond their scope to carry the loss. This has made players mentally as well as physically fatigued. He suggested that Lewis Young (among others) is a primary example of this and it's unsurprising that his form droppe. almost as soon as Weiters came back and he reverted back into his more typical role. He thinks unless something drastic changes that we're just about at the end of our tether

Secondly, although the now healthy player hasn't clocked up the on field KMs that they would have done without injury it's not as though they've been idle and the petrol hasn't been utilised. They've put in hours upon hours of rehab and although it's a different sort of expenditure it can - does - take away different forms of energy. It's also extremely difficult to just slot back into the lineup as an individual without spending time adjusting to the speed of the game all over again. Some players can just click into gear over the course of a couple of weeks while some players can take most of a season to hit their straps.

He agrees with my take about Pittonet being vital to our mids improving. Problem, he feels, is that they learned how to play to two vastly different ruck types (TDK and SOS) that it's not just a matter of inserting an upgrade but now relearning/changing how they win the ball. He feels it's almost too late in the year to do this and it's thrown the team out of balance. He also feels it'll take time for Pitto to regain confidence in his body and that players like Taylor Walker are smart enough to really expose him.

He feels the biggest problem with the team is our lack of players who are both quick footed and quick minded on the outside. He's not a fan of any of them (LOB, Fisher, Cottrell, etc. "None of them would get a game for a team gunning for a flag except as injury relief"). He says we look phenomenal when we get the ball first but when we don't we become one of the worst teams in the league saved by a backline who have had to do an overwhelming amount of work this year and have done a phenomenal job.

Says that he admires even Plowman. Says that had the backline become so dominant that we'd have lost by 10+ goals last night. Feels Plowmam's brain farts are "his responsibility but not his fault. It's no wonder he played brilliantly against GWS who struggle to move the ball but had brain farts against a team who was dominating forward entries."

He says the club's aspirations were to make a final regardless of the result in said final. This hasn't changed and he's still somewhat confident. Club is well aware of their situation and is confident moving forward long-term and unlike members here (he reads) and elsewhere have a long-term vision rather than living in that moment.

He feels that the club has two serious needs that it needs to address in the upcoming trade and draft period. We need to sort out its wings and half forwards. This is where quick thinking speedsters would change performances like last night into wins.

Now that we know Curnow and McKay can co-exist (he compared it to Sticks and Brad Pearce) be feels we are missing that Earl Spalding type CHF who isn't responsible for kicking many goals (what he'd kick is a bonus) but would make the game dramatically easier for both. However, he feels that he's alone on this and that those inside the club may not feel the same way.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
A work colleague of mine (also a Carlton supporter) knows Graham Wright very well from playing footy with him in Tassie.

Earlier in the year Wright told my mate that Voss interviewed well for Pies job last year but was seen as a great assistant coach but not head coach material.

Well liked, definitely had the enthusiasm but didn’t have many options for a game plan and would have no plan b when needed.

I didn’t want to believe it at the time as we seemed to be on the up and had won some cracking games. But reality is really sinking in past couple of weeks and it looks like he was spot on.

#Bluemour

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Have been in discussions with Fischer, Sholl and Acres. Nothing final yet as there are a few Clubs make big moves, so a few lessor lights could be on the market for a steal as clubs try to clear cap space and acquire picks.
Acres the toughest one, as we do not want to lose our 2nd rounder.
In terms of players being traded out, we don’t have many left we’d happily see the back of that would gain us anything useful in terms of trade value. We’d love to get another second round pick, or early third. But don’t want to spend any future picks until draft night, just in case a player has slipped that we are keen on.

#Bluemour

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Something that I'll add to this that I wasn't going to include in my original post on the topic.

Stocker was told point blank in a meeting that he needed to improve his fitness dramatically, that there was a program that would be designed for him over the summer and he told the coaches that in his opinion he was pleased with his own level of fitness and he didn't view it as an issue. This was the proverbial straw.

#Bluemour

Last edited:
Another PM, different person this time. Same as per usual, I am the middle man here and can't answer any questions you might have.

Basically, Sam Walsh has a bulging disc in his back and shouldn't have played when we brought him back into the team. Voss is not happy with our medical team and how some injuries were handled this season.

#Bluemour

From the main board.

I won't name the poster. Let's just call him Uncle Harry Vallence...

I have this confirmed by two good sources

Salary Cap no worse than any other club. Focus on signing McKay & TDK which will happen possibly sooner than later
Still awaiting final answer from Acres but confident. 3 or even 4 years
We are NOT chasing anyone else
Looking at 3 draft picks maybe more if we can land earlier picks
Setterfield offered one year deal but wants two
Haven't heard anything from Dow but some clubs are showing interest.
Leui & Cahill a chance. Club prefer them to do a pre season and pick as FA as opposed to rookie. Depends on other interest
Any other trades will only be grabbing someone late we didn't expect to be available or most likely a DFA
Couple of players waiting to see what happens
Going to a quiet trade period and Nothing has changed all year and won't
Voss and club want a mostly settled list to keep developing cohesion. See a lot of improvement yet in current group
All Ops needed are done with everyone available for pre season start

#Bluemour

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
From a reliable poster on main board with a connection to one of our players:

"Acres for future third.
We are open to anything that improves our draft position and will take min 3 to draft
We will get a good player at 10 but keen on Philippou Hewett Hotton
Allan or Cowan at 28 would be a steal."

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Back