Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put forward the proof that you'll have the opportunity to play finals, be bettered as a player for playing under a particular coach, belong to an environment that fosters personal growth and know you'll be take care off after your career.....then money is not quite as important for most.

SOS gets this notion although he may not be the best individual to be part of the implementation of it.
This is where our club has to get to, in order to have sustained success. Amazing what Balme has done for Richmonds culture in such a short time.

Don't think Balme was the catalyst for creating culture and sustained success, most of the parts were already in place, by the time he arrived, perhaps Gale should be the one that's applauded

Takes years for a positive cultural change and I for one am happy with our change over the last 4 years

Don't think Balme was the catalyst for creating culture and sustained success, most of the parts were already in place, by the time he arrived, perhaps Gale should be the one that's applauded

Takes years for a positive cultural change and I for one am happy with our change over the last 4 years

Yep, Balme was one of several changes following their 2016 review. I think the main lesson is about not standing still at any point and seeking improvement.

Very confident with Liddle at the helm. He helped turn Richmond into a juggernaut. We have the same potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're not the last chance saloon, or the hallmark retirement home for hasbeens or neverweres, or the greta garbo home for wayward boys and girls........
So begs the question - how did you and I ever get in here.

Oh, you meant the club not Big Footy. My baaaaad.

And I’m the one who first threw the Bennell smoke grenade. No apology though - just reporting what I was told.

Jacobs to GWS on a 2 year deal being reported on SEN
I’m putting my eggs in the Tommy DeKoning basket

Makes sense, Jacobs would, at best, split time with Kreuzer at Carlton, despite being a genuine no. 1 ruck.

Levi is a huge key here. I would be happy if Phillips accepts a one year deal, which incidentally matches Kreuzer's tenure. Retaining Levi would allow
sufficient break glass ruck depth to run with three. No one could blame Levi if he takes a more lucrative, long term deal elsewhere, but if he does then we definitely need to sign an insurance policy, in an age bracket to give, say three years coverage. (I am sure we will take a young, project ruck next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back