Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw Jacobs. Phillips is more than adequate as our back-up Ruck.

It was reported that Phillips is assessing his options. Has a 1 year deal in front of him.

Given his age, he may be trying to see if there's a club like Geelong without a decent ruckman that might give him an opportunity in the primary role.

As it stands, he will always be behind Kreuzer at Carlton.

He wasn't. He was initially injured but Pyke dropped him so he spent a lot of time in the SANFL.

Ended up playing 8 games in the 2's.

Adelaide chose to play O'brien ahead of him.

His numbers in terms of hitouts, disposals and marks in the 13 games he played this year (5 AFL & 8 SANFL) were pretty much on his career average.

:thumbsu:

It was reported that Phillips is assessing his options. Has a 1 year deal in front of him.

Given his age, he may be trying to see if there's a club like Geelong without a decent ruckman that might give him an opportunity in the primary role.

As it stands, he will always be behind Kreuzer at Carlton.

I'd rather Jacobs over Phillips honestly. If Kreuzer went down I'd be more comfortable with Jacobs in the centre than Phillips.

Thats your conclusion; and you've done well to provide a summary of how you see it. I prefer the use of examples where possible; helps me reach my own conclusion/s.

5 real life examples in that post.

Bolts, MM, Daisy, Betts, Robinson.

I'd rather Jacobs over Phillips honestly. If Kreuzer went down I'd be more comfortable with Jacobs in the centre than Phillips.

Me too, however if you recall the reason we let go Jacobs in the first place, it was because we thought we couldn’t play Kreuzer and Jacobs in the same team at the same time.

10 years later what has changed.

Agree

But Can't see Jacobs wanting to play second fiddle to Kreuzer. Would be a perfect fit at Geelong.

Me too, however if you recall the reason we let go Jacobs in the first place, it was because we thought we couldn’t play Kreuzer and Jacobs in the same team at the same time.

10 years later what has changed.

Warnock on big money was mostly the reason.

Agree

But Can't see Jacobs wanting to play second fiddle to Kreuzer. Would be a perfect fit at Geelong.

10-15 games each. Play them both against tall sides. Could prolong their careers for a good 2021 as well.

Warnock on big money was mostly the reason.

10-15 games each. Play them both against tall sides. Could prolong their careers for a good 2021 as well.

Or play 22 games at Geelong and push for a premiership.

Would be a good get for us, just can't see it happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Jacobs............unless Phillips goes and no one else is in sights for 2019.
We may then look at Jacobs for a year with a view to becoming the ruck coach?

No Betts..............unless the commercial boost is too hard to ignore and that Betts passes a full medical and is good to go for another year.
We may then look at Betts for a role within the club, but only if all the right reasons have been ticked off on.

Too many variables and no to both would be fine.

A guy like Darcy Cameron makes so much more sense than Jacobs, who at best has another year in him at most

Commercially we are already up and about, as any supporter with any form of football knowledge understands what we are building.

Love the romance of Eddie, but there are enough options out in the marketplace, that are more effective short to medium term

Jacobs is old but durable and consistent, though he has dropped off considerably over the past two seasons.

Has always been very good in the ruck, stays involved in the contest, and can drift forward.

He will not come if Phillips stays but that is still up in the air given he is yet to re-sign.

If Phillips does get a two year deal from elsewhere, we'll be after a mature ruck for a year - in which case there are plenty of worse options out there than Sauce.

Can you comprehend that when negotiations are happening things can change?

Eg Ellis?
Don't doubt that all Funk, not quiet what I am relating to however. Although that to was widely reported. Just making an observation of what I have read in it and how certain posters are "in the know" where the evidence would suggest not so much.

At the end of the day we all know a bloke at some footy club and there is no harm at shooting fish in a barrel, some are going to hit and some aren't.

Point was how tempting it to question these rumours in that actual thread, may just be me though.

So has Daisy

In fairness, it looks like Daisy is going to get a pretty good gig in the media.

Sometimes you've just got to take it when the opportunity presents.

Playing one more year, that role could have gone to another retiring legend of the game. There's always someone putting their hand up for those positions.

In fairness, it looks like Daisy is going to get a pretty good gig in the media.

Playing one more year, that role could have gone to another retiring legend of the game. There's always someone putting their hand up for those positions.
AA Sam Docherty.

Yeah and I hope he goes in to bat for us when most of the other nuffs are bagging us..

I am curious about the Darcy Cameron love on here.

Given he’s not getting a game at swans, I can only assume he’s another run of the mill type.

Or is there a bit of Nankervis about him, not stylish, more grunt with a big heart type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back