Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to Herald Sun just now
Betts has officially requested a trade to us

Carlton cult hero Eddie Betts has officially told the Blues he wants back in.
Now comes the complicated task of working out how the man beloved to Blues fans fits into their list management picture.

Getting a trade done is more problematic given the Blues’ interest in three other small forwards

YOOHOO MEB_ :p

Money ball and list management have nothing to do with each other.

Well what ever you want to call it

I don’t think a wingman or half back flanker is what we need, Martin pushes a good young player out of the team eg Williamson or O’Brien plus we have to pay him over 500k and give up a decent pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Eddie Betts coming in, I'm fairly certain that Casboult will be part of the Gold Coast trade in order to avoid paying him his extra year whilst also allowing him to get more security and facilitate the trade with Jack Martin. I honestly believe that our second round draft pick next year is worth more than a late first this year, so it's a pretty good deal for the Suns IMO.

With Eddie Betts coming in, I'm fairly certain that Casboult will be part of the Gold Coast trade in order to avoid paying him his extra year whilst also allowing him to get more security and facilitate the trade with Jack Martin. I honestly believe that our second round draft pick next year is worth more than a late first this year, so it's a pretty good deal for the Suns IMO.

The Suns are really going to be loading up, with Ellis and Casboult.

Doubt it...cas too important atm. We won’t trade him and he won’t want to leave

Ive seen a few people go with this statement and it makes me wonder. SOS stated he rated Stocker top 6, supposedly Caldwell 5th and picked Walsh at 1, which means there are only 3 places to fill with either Luko, Rankine, M.King, B.KIng, Rozee, Smith, Thomas, Jones, Blakey.

Its just doesn't add up to me, unless SOS is drafting on need and then it makes perfect sense, not sure how he could have Caldwell and Stocker at 5 and 6 and Walsh at 1 with all of those other names missing out.
I think he had him 6th on his preference list of projected available players. Just guessing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back