Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do not want then.

An AFL career is a decade to fifteen years. More if you're exceeding lucky to have a mostly good run like Simmo.

If you were on 400-500k per year and suddenly a team offered more than twice that - frontloaded too - it would be incredibly difficult to turn it down. Loyalty to your family must come first as the second you break down and can no longer do what you once did the club will push you out.

I do not begrudge Crouch at all. The Blues were offering somewhere in the vicinity of 650-700k which over a 4 year deal is a million more than the Crows. That he can ma make a million on top of that and become a real leader, something Adelaide has overlooked him for, is bloody tempting.

An AFL career is a decade to fifteen years. More if you're exceeding lucky to have a mostly good run like Simmo.

If you were on 400-500k per year and suddenly a team offered more than twice that - frontloaded too - it would be incredibly difficult to turn it down. Loyalty to your family must come first as the second you break down and can no longer do what you once did the club will push you out.

I do not begrudge Crouch at all. The Blues were offering somewhere in the vicinity of 650-700k which over a 4 year deal is a million more than the Crows. That he can ma make a million on top of that and become a real leader, something Adelaide has overlooked him for, is bloody tempting.
Fair call

Actually on the average an AFL career is about 3 years. But the stats are skewed because so many don't make it

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would SO love for one if the ITKs to respond to this with a random name. It'd send this place into a tailspin.

Give it a shot and take into consideration -

1. Our needs
2. Prospective targets' situation (Contract - Opportunity - Personal situation - Happiness?)
3. Bang for buck

We can go back weeks now and the names Coniglio, Papley and Martin made sense. Even Betts and Butler to a lesser extent make sense.

Take into account also that without trading out premium quality players of our own, the only real asset we have after our primary capture is our 2020 1st.
Given we missed on Coniglio, a quality midfielder makes the most sense and then you have to find a club that is happy trading quality for a future pick.

Gold Coast and GWS make most sense.
Gold Coast because they've plenty of new kids coming their way this year.
GWS because they can afford to sit and wait...to some degree at least, given they get a relatively free hit at Green this year and are holding two first rounders as things stand already.
It may even involve another club, but these two seem to make the most sense in acquiring a future pick

1. Our needs
2. Prospective targets' situation (Contract - Opportunity - Personal situation - Happiness?)
3. Bang for buck

We can go back weeks now and the names Coniglio, Papley and Martin made sense. Even Betts and Butler to a lesser extent make sense.

Take into account also that without trading out premium quality players of our own, the only real asset we have after our primary capture is our 2020 1st.
Given we missed on Coniglio, a quality midfielder makes the most sense and then you have to find a club that is happy trading quality for a future pick.

GWS because they can afford to sit and wait...to some degree at least, given they get a relatively free hit at Green this year and are holding two first rounders as things stand already.
It may even involve another club, but these two seem to make the most sense in acquiring a future pick

Stop giving it away.....well at least you did name 2 clubs

SEN reports from this morning that B Crouch could be headed to GC.

It would be an opportunity missed for any Victorian club - especially us - if we didn’t chase him if he wants out.

Hope the question is being asked...

He wants 5 years on more money than what he is actually worth.

SOS and The board have a responsible and prudent attitude in not paying overs contract wise for any player.

Happy to save our Dollarydoos for now and go for broke for Whitfield next year.

1. Our needs
3. Bang for buck

Speculation Harks, or do you know something and you are dropping clues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS and The board have a responsible and prudent attitude in not paying overs contract wise for any player.

They were prepared to for Shiel and cogs though

1. Our needs
3. Bang for buck

My guess would be more likely Gws as they just have so much depth in the Midfield. Who would others want from GC other than jack martin?
Fiorini perhaps??

1. Our needs
3. Bang for buck

Stop giving it away.....well at least you did name 2 clubs

Honestly - just had a squizz at both lists.

GCS
Apart from Martin I can't see too many mids I'd be interested in - Maybe Fiorini - but is he worth trading out a 1st?.

GWS
Can't see too many they'd let go for a solitary 1st...

We will not pay overs for any player, so let’s save the money so we can pay overs for Whitfield next year.

Actually on the average an AFL career is about 3 years. But the stats are skewed because so many don't make it

You're right. However, a player like Crouch rather than a fringe player will get a decade out of them. The lower average counts players who are drafted, never develop, and are out of the system. It's not fair to compare the average or median career to a player who establishes themselves early and can make bank.

Honestly - just had a squizz at both lists.

GCS
Apart from Martin I can't see too many mids I'd be interested in - Maybe Fiorini - but is he worth trading out a 1st?.

GWS
Can't see too many they'd let go for a solitary 1st...

Maybe someone like Jacob Hopper? Good size and age profile, and we've been interested before.

doubt they'd let Hopper go for a future first...same with Williams.

I'd be all over either though...

What if - our future first for Caldwell and a 2nd in this draft?

The only issue I would have with Caldwell is whether he is able to make an impact next year?

I think we're at a point now where if we are trading in players we are looking for someone that would be in our best 22 every week. Maybe Arr0w would have more insight on how ready he is?

doubt they'd let Hopper go for a future first...same with Williams.

I'd be all over either though...

What if - our future first for Caldwell and a 2nd in this draft?

Josh Kelly has one of those escape clause contracts like Gaff as well iirc. Caldwell seems to be changing strategy on the fly , as it was the mature body to slot in with Cripps we were speaking of not so long ago. It basically means a Dow, LOB etc play VFL instead of ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back