Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seeing KohPhi’s serious side this morning. Insightful commentary on ITKs, the BOM and now this. I’m blaming an alien abduction.

I feel KohPhi's pain.

No one takes me seriously when I try and post actual football analysis.

I feel like Adam Sandler trying to ditch toilet humour comedies and make it as a serious actor.......

OOHHHHHH......Adam Sandler in a DRAMA? :sick::sick::sick: NOW I get why people tell me to stick to the one-liners....

Last edited:

Who exactly are the Suns spending money on? Bullshit they have less room than us

The gave away Scrimshaw and delisted Lyons as they were struggling to sit under the cap, this was with losing the likes of Lynch, May

They have re-signed King, added Ellis, Greenwood

They don't have 1 mil to match a front loaded Martin

No they never accepted our 'offer' - our offer ( meaning pick#9 and something back) was always contingent on Sydney getting Daniher - Sydney's 'acceptance' was always conditional and that is what SOS got wrong. He effectively gave Sydney a free option and was prepared to see what happens . right to the very end....

That would be ok - if he truly believed that there was not one single alternative player in the whole of the AFL that could improve our list with any of the picks we had available.
In principle, Swans must have accepted if it was on the table for Daniher. We have made an assessment (after considering other options) that keeping #9 was preferred to anything else. I doubt that our list management sat around for the trade period waiting for a phone call from the Swans (or the Suns).

As for other targets. Who else wanted to come to Carlton?

I feel KohPhi's pain.

No one takes me seriously when I try and post football actual analysis.

I feel like Adam Sandler trying to ditch toilet humour comedies and trying to make it as a serious actor.......

OOHHHHHH......Adam Sandler in a DRAMA? :sick::sick::sick: NOW I get why people tell me to stick to the one-liners....
Not much point in serious analysis. It just attracts the crowd that your mum always warned you about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a little more time to analyse the situation, I still this trade period as a real fail.

The Martin trade (or lack of) is not an issue at all and I am glad we didn't cave in.

However, the biggest issue is the fact we were going after Papley so hard, given he is contracted for so long. We should have had other plans and we did not. When Sydney said we will only entertain it only if Daniher comes, then we should have said that you have until Friday 11 to say yes or no. Then we will focus onto someone else. The fact that we stayed in the hunt for Papley meant we played too nice to not offend Sydney nor Papley.

In fairness, a s**t trade period would be the one Adelaide just had - losing a bunch of senior players and replacing them with Frampton and a bunch of picks in the 30s and 40s.

We went shopping, picked up a few bargains, and came home with our credit card intact.

St Kilda went shopping and came home with a car full of goods, as well as 3 maxed out credit cards.

Adelaide went shopping and had their car nicked from the parking lot.

I'm OK with where we sit. We didn't clean up, but we improved out list a little and didn't give up much to do so.
This is the silver lining effect at work, it's not helpful

We don't need draft picks - we needed players. And we traded in Pittonet and Betts?

Fail

windows1 - just wondering with your proposed pick swaps with GC, and then they would not offer him a contract so he can get to us directly without going into PSD
How is that not draft tampering?
Knowing the AFL, we would be severely punished :mad:

If we trade our pick down for a later first and a second, does that mean we could possibly use the second rounder to unite either the Dow or DeKoning brothers?

I feel KohPhi's pain.

No one takes me seriously when I try and post football actual analysis.

I feel like Adam Sandler trying to ditch toilet humour comedies and trying to make it as a serious actor.......

This looks epic

Last edited:
5+9 is overs for Daniher considering they will get less next year if he leaves .
That deal is very fair and reasonable if that was the offer from Sydney .
This is where mediation or an arbitor needs to make the final decision here not be left to clubs stonewalling all the way through trade period .

Daniher is a contracted player FFS - Essendon dont have to trade him, I applaud the fact they kept him. It might stop players leaving mid contract for a better deal (or the Brad Hill as I call it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back