Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did hill say he wanted to come to Carlton? Players need to agree to terms before being traded or in 'make believe world' where any suggestion you make is easily achievable?

And players can have their minds changed by another club with a good pitch and contract put their way.

Id rather have Dustin Martin than Hill, makes as much sense as your comment

Well no it doesn't, because Dusty isn't wanting out.

Blues were done over.

Deals were agreed to, then reneged upon and more, much more was sought for both Papley & Martin.

Last night Dodoro was offered pick 9, next years 1st and 2nd by Swans, who were going to seek AFL approval to enable deal to proceed or obtain a future 2nd as part of other deals.

Dodoro has shafted a family member of Essendon royalty who wanted to leave Melbourne for relative anonymity in Sydney.

AFL complicit in the shafting we received by the Gold Coast Suns, told they needed to flex their muscle and harden up.

SOS didn’t fail, at this point he hasn’t delivered the players but he also didn’t overpay.

Very obvious many in here have never been involved in a commercial negotiation of any significance.
Thanks for the clarification OR, this explains a lot.

Great news if we get Martin for free, even on an enhanced contract that offsets the need to use a future 2nd/9/whatever the trade was.

Wouldn’t mind trying to split 9 and trimmings into 16+21 with the Lions or even 14+24 for the Cats.

Take the best mid available and then the best small available, pick a slider with our 3rd and upgrade Gibbons.

I dont understand what you are saying here Robbbo.
This is a good place to end the discussion then because I don’t think we’ll ever agree about the ins and outs of trading and not trading during the latest trade period. I prefer yes and no answers. I‘m not that nuanced in the ways of the world.

Would not be surprised if we trade this years first for next year future first of another club. Hopefully its Adelaide again, although they need picks for Lukocious if they are interested.

Doesn’t make much sense if next year’s draft is so compromised. Strike this year and bypass next (trade it).

Swans probably thought they could have got a fair deal for Daniher because he's a FA next year. That is the case with most clubs.

Essendon decided to be tough and go down the hold him to his contract and try and get him to stay long move.

That NEVER works.

Swans shouldn't be surprised but did the right thing not selling the farm for him.

Daniher will walk from Essendon to Sydney next season as a FA.

Our chances of getting Papley next season will increase as his contract will be shorter and they will have Daniher.

Papley will still want out, more than likely.

We will draft a young small forward who won't take long to develop this year.

We did the right thing not offering anything insane for Papley who was off the table for all money anyway.

If things go right we are probably a good chance to land Papley again next season but in saying that, contracted players are always a long shot.

Looks like we have another 12 months of waiting and speculating.

I'm sure all the ITK posters will provide us plenty of info about the situation here.

Bah Humbug. Just got my x-ray scan back from my GP, turns out I have a broken ankle that requires surgery.

Still more annoyed about missing out on Papley and Martin.

giphy.gif

#NightmareOnElmerSt 😥😥😥👹👹👹

Make sure you rehab properly. I was too lazy to do mine and years later I am regretting it.

Good luck under the knife and with your recovery, Elmer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bumped into Newman, Harry and Cottrell up here in Burleigh Heads (Gold Coast). Didn't ask about Paps. My 9-year-old did most of the talking. Harry is lovely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I assume they were shopping for suitcases big enough to smuggle Jack Martin back to Melbourne in...

Does that mean it was offered on its own does it?
I’m slowly moving on from this, it would have been nice to try get a deal done independently from the * crap, asking whether pick 9 on its OWN was offered or more, may have tempted Sydney to do a deal, if it was early enough then they would have had time to chase a replacement.

I think it's pretty clear that if Sydney were open to just dealing Papley for 9 that we would have had that conversation.

Contracted player, structurally important, talented, competitive - they were open to trading him if doing so gave them currency for Daniher, but without Daniher they seem to prefer keeping Papley on their list. Odds are they'll tell him if he puts his head down and plays good footy for 2020 they'll look to do a deal next year when they've had time to plan contingencies.

Port Adelaide are pretty keen on Dylan Stephens and are looking to move up the order. We may downgrade our first for their first plus second rounder and get Martin with the second rounder. Melbourne are making us nervous if he goes to the PSD.

Would rather take th risk of him getting past 1 club rather than surviving 20 odd picks in the ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back