Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this has always been a concern.

Would say a lack of creativity
Ok. Please identify the other list manager/s who, during the time that SOS has been our list manager, has found talent at the lower end or in the rookie part of the draft. And then give reasons for your opinion.

In other words, who is the wizard list manager who, for want of an expression, finds the real needles in the haystack?

List management decisions aren’t made by one person. They are made by the list management team, but the buck does stop with the person occupying the position of List Manager.

They went with Humphrey Bear instead because he's a funny old fellow is Humphrey.
Doesn’t say much and really should put his pants on when he goes out and about, just sayin

By Brad Lloyd? If so that’s a disgrace as list manager he should have final say. Maybe this is why he wants to move on, if he’s being interfered with
Brad Lloyd was at Freo and most likely wanted Deluca. Absolute disgrace to overrule your list manager. Kyle Dunkley was the clear number one selection. Another wasted selection.

Last edited:
It sounds like the leadership need to sort of their key areas of responsibility and accountability. Overruling others in their areas of responsibility breeds a toxic culture where people do not feel valued for their expertise. I back SOS in and have loved his creative trading to get us to where we are. Sure late and rookie pics have been concerning but it will be inconsequential in a few years when the absolute death of our young talented players mature. It's not like where are at the bottom if the barrel when it comes to young talent.

Before we run further down the rabbit hole, it’s just as likely SOS wants to move to a new challenge, he may enjoy ground up rebuild (which is what he has just done) or may want to move to the next level. It’s just as likely that he wants to do something different.
The doom and gloom is a more “entertaining” story but that doesn’t make it true.
I’m tipping he is pretty well off, he may just want to step back (or forward)

Love SOS. Watched his debut back in the day and he is a rusted on Blue.
I also love the level of professionalism and competence that Lloyd and Liddle have brought to the Club.

This is the first time in years I have total faith in the Administration and if they move SOS on, I'll trust that there is a purely professional 'Club first' reason behind it.

Well he does lead a very exciting life.....and he gets in all manner of strife.

Funny story.. my mum used to go out with the dude inside Humphrey back in the late 70's.. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny story.. my mum used to go out with the dude inside Humphrey back in the late 70's.. lol
Have met him, used to come into my work all the time.

Have met him, used to come into my work all the time.

From what I gather, there were a few of them.. Especially over Xmas when Humphrey would do the Shopping Centre gigs! 😁

Bread Lloyd was at Freo and most likely wanted Deluca. Absolute disgrace to overrule your list manager. Kyle Dunkley was the clear number one selection. Another wasted selection.
Sandwich SOS most likely had it right. Would have been good. Let him do his job. Although....we would not have gotten Eddie back. Tricky this.

Love SOS. Watched his debut back in the day and he is a rusted on Blue.
I also love the level of professionalism and competence that Lloyd and Liddle have brought to the Club.

This is the first time in years I have total faith in the Administration and if they move SOS on, I'll trust that there is a purely professional 'Club first' reason behind it.

I'm always torn on SOS. On the one hand, he's a Carlton legend, and he was and remains my favourite Carlton player of all time.

On the other, I am not of the view he's the sharpest/quickest/most creative mind in the list management world. He's not a good media performer. He seems to have some blind/weak spots in recruiting. I think he has done an adequate-to-good job of executing the full rebuild, so I don't think he's a disaster, but nor do I think he's the messiah.

The trickiest bit is... when and how do you tell a club legend "we've found someone better"? Does he get too much say or power because of who he is, rather than what he does? It seems he gets too much credit in the media during trade week, for instance, where his reputation perhaps out-strips his actual performance.

IF the club and SOS decide to part ways, I hope it's handled with respect all round and done for the right reasons. I still and always will love him. The club is in good shape, and he absolutely has played a big part in that. I can certainly live with it if he moves on/is moved on.

Did she always warn you to "watch out for the quiet ones."

I think she started to worry when I would get ready for school, put on my shirt, school tie but forget my pants..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back