Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hats not poaching. Whether fabricated, it is not poaching. The player is choosing to leave his club to come to Carlton.

TA

Like it or not the AFLPA and free agency has freed up player movement- even for those still contracted. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Look no further than Murphy last year, Hodge to Brisbane etc. It doesnt matter how long or strong the relationship, even champion players move on. those players such as phillips who are fringe , cant afford to be loyal to their club, when the club could easily cast them aside

Papley Deal is going to be disappointing if it falls through, but the Wines Talks should be going on at a frantic pace regardless IMHO as he's the exact type of Mid we need to help Cripps, even at the expense of Martin I'd say. I'd still be happy if we came out of trade week with Betts & Wines and call that a mighty coo.
That is one magnificent avatar...

And I'd give a mighty coo if we got Wines this trade period...

OK Uri Geller. Not sure why I'm bothering to type here because you know me so well :rolleyes:.
Phillips is 28 and has had 4 years behind Kreuzer, and apart from being injured, has had to battle for a spot against Levi and even Lobbe.

Tom DeKoning is improving rapidly now and Kreuz will be around for another 1-2 years yet, so at 28, he decides to explore his options for the last few years of his career to see if he can crack a bit more time as a No.1 ruckman, as clearly Kreuz will always be first choice here.
Rather than thank him for the decent service he's given and wish him luck, you'd rather sink the slipper in.

Like we couldn't make do with Kreuz, Levi and Harry in a pinch.

Thanks for the reply but you have more faith in this lot than I do.

History tells me MK will be lucky to play 12 games.

TDK and Harry are still “kids” in ruck terms and will get smashed trying to play this role full time.

IMHO - We need a big, strong and importantly durable back up.

Like it or not the AFLPA and free agency has freed up player movement- even for those still contracted. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Look no further than Murphy last year, Hodge to Brisbane etc. It doesnt matter how long or strong the relationship, even champion players move on. those players such as phillips who are fringe , cant afford to be loyal to their club, when the club could easily cast them aside
Titanically unfair.

Murph has always chosen Carlton. If anything, Murphy has demonstrated precisely the caliber of human being he is. Wish he was more celebrated for it by Carlton fans.

Hawks board seem to think Pittonet is a spud and good that we are taking him off their hands.
Old school ruckman, not athletic, doesnt get around the ground and cant really mark.
Doesnt sound that appealing
Name a club that is happy/bullish on a player who's leaving, other than Adelaide when they were selling us Sam Kerridge.

Our first trade ruck choice was Darcy Cameron, Collingwood outbid us. Move on.

Does not refute the fact we need a solid No2 Ruck. Marc Pittonet ..

AFL-listed Hawk Marc Pittonett and Port Melbourne's Shannen Lange rounded out the top vote-getters, tying for fourth.

Not too shabby for a 23 yo ruckman to poll fourth in the JJ Liston.
This Well Said. Ps: Welcome back Plastic Crusher

Hawks board seem to think Pittonet is a spud and good that we are taking him off their hands.
Old school ruckman, not athletic, doesnt get around the ground and cant really mark.
Doesnt sound that appealing

Read the Hawks fans in this thread. Much more accurate

If SOS can turn 9 into Papley and Martin without adding a 2nd round pick in there, he's a ******* magician.

It just can't be possible.

Suspect our future 2nd is involved.
I expect our future second would have to be included, probably some other pick swaps as well. There was an article on Sunday that stated GC wanted our pick 9 as they rate the top 10. If we are prepared to part with the pick I’m hoping they will be willing to give us some sugar back if we even up the ledger with some later picks (including future second). They have pick 15 and 20 which could be useful for Papley.

Our first trade ruck choice was Darcy Cameron, Collingwood outbid us. Move on.

Does not refute the fact we need a solid No2 Ruck. Marc Pittonet ..

AFL-listed Hawk Marc Pittonett and Port Melbourne's Shannen Lange rounded out the top vote-getters, tying for fourth.

Not too shabby for a 23 yo ruckman to poll fourth in the JJ Liston.

How does such a crap player (as per Dork fans) manage 4th in the Liston??

Titanically unfair.

Murph has always chosen Carlton. If anything, Murphy has demonstrated precisely the caliber of human being he is. Wish he was more celebrated for it by Carlton fans.

Ok bad example, but there was definitely a period where there was some sort of pressure for MM top move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, they expect something like 50 players to be traded and there has only been 4 so far. I wonder if some trades will start to push through tomorrow? It looks like heading for a frenetic last day with clubs still posturing hard.

Hate that this is still being brought up. He never did the medical.

My memory is hazy, so I did some googling. Found one article that said he did, and another that said he didn't and the rumours were rubbish.

Didn't realise there was any question over whether it happened. Appreciate the correction.

I'll be extremely happy if we get one of Papley or Wines.
Both would be just insane and probably our best offseason ever.

Come on SOS! Get it done. Will be interesting how it all pans out especially after this Wines development.

All signs point to Wines' desperation to get to his boyhood club, putting pressure on Port to lower their demands at the trade table. I just hope he stays loyal to us, not allowing the other ratbag clubs like Essendon and Hawks to sneak in and steal him now that it's public knowledge.

A midfield of Cripps, Wines & Walsh over the next 7 years. With Stocker and Dow coming through...

Last edited:
I wouldn’t worry too much about Pittonet with the lack of opportunities/not setting the world on fire. He is still only 23 which is an absolute baby in ruck years. 4th in the Liston is a good sign.

He is coming in to bridge that age gap in our rucks. Kreuzer getting older but still has a few years left. Pittonet will only play (maybe) when Kreuzer is injured. Even then we have Casboult

Surely there can’t be any weight to Wines after today’s statements from Port & his manager. Or can there? Totally confused.

Pittonet can develop nicely in the 2nds , Marc’s an aggressive cntr square tap ruckman slightly old fashioned but may just may scatter a few opponents.
At 23 yrs old he’s a reasonable investment for ruck division.
We have Harry and Levi both 2M footballers more mobile and can support the Matty in the cntr or around the ground.

Hearing similar, and still involving 4 clubs. Interesting couple of days ahead to see who blinks first...
Geez I wonder how this going to work. That means Sydney's gonna get a downgrade from pick 9.

Maybe it involves Hawks with pick 11 and Pittonet?

Do Saints trade back up to pick 9 for 12 & 18 to get Hill from the Dockers and we on trade those picks for Papley and Martin respectively.

You really gotta be thinking in some sort of multidimensional universe with these trades and way beyond me. I guess that's what separates the good list managers from the great ones and why we have faith in SOS getting the job done.

Surely there can’t be any weight to Wines after today’s statements from Port & his manager. Or can there? Totally confused.

The only thing we can be certain of is that there is something going on or had gone on in this space.

The only thing we can be certain of is that there is something going on or had gone on in this space.

I agree, I found the timing of the leak (wherever it came from) interesting too. I don’t think it was used to make Sydney or Suns think twice to hurry up Papley & Martin...but gee whiz what a coup it would be if we get Wines in too.

Any info from the ITKs?

It’s in play. The fact that the story was leaked 2 days before trade deadline means the reason it was leaked is that the price that Port is asking for has to come down. Now it’s more fathomable they accept less for their co-Captain. Whether we bite or another club does remains to be seen. But there will absolutely be some negotiations by Port with other clubs for Wines.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back