Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team looked like a basketcase in May.

Sometimes you have to have this s**t happen to force a change.

Hopefully this is a turning point for the club.

The Club has looked great since the change in coach, though. We only looked like bad then because Bolton went off the rails. Everything was looking positive in the last few months. And now we’re back to being a basket case.

The Club has looked great since the change in coach, though. We only looked like bad then because Bolton went off the rails. Everything was looking positive in the last few months. And now we’re back to being a basket case.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Plenty thought that, given time, Bolton could have got the job done. He had a clear plan and stuck to it too long in my book, but it's why he was brought on so it's hard to be too critical. Maybe we need to view things the same way with SOS - he came in with a clear plan, it's laid the groundwork, but the needs of the list were changing and he didn't take well to people at the club challenging his strategy. I'd love for he and Liddle and whatever other parties were involved to have been able to bury the hatchet, but if the choice is between 12 months of tension and politics vs. an early exit for SOS and a more stable environment moving forward, the latter probably serves the greater good.

For all we know, Liddle's actions were based on feedback/insight from people at the club, and he's simply the prominent public face with the profile to actually force the matter.

We look disorganised now, but we can absolutely come out of it stronger.

Our club looks like a basket case. Again.

Whatever way you cut it, Liddle is responsible for a significant proportion of us looking like a basket case. If he were doing his job properly, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

That’s why he has to go. The chances of him making us great again are negligible.

Sure.

Strong organisations don’t let leaks come out like we do.

Besides the mistake Liddle made that has been reported here, I think he has done a good job. Nothing came out to suggest otherwise.

Any chance that SOS got so irate that he put emotion ahead of the club in this instance?

Why is it negligible? Perhaps you are putting emotions ahead rather that looking at this impartially.

No one here knows what has happened behind closed doors, maybe Liddle did apologise, has realised the error he made, owned up to it and SOS refused to accept.

The club has supported Liddle and kept him, if his mistake was so serious he would be gone.

I love SOS, * even named my daughter Stephen after him.

But guess what, no matter how much I love sos, I love the club more.

It’s not that SOS has gone, it’s how the CEO and the Club have gone about getting rid of him. This whole situation over the last 6 months (or year?) should have been managed professionally. And it clearly hasn’t been.
I think it`s the way that Liddle seems to have played politics by doing things behind SOS`back that I don`t like and has divided people over those tactics...........he was the one who pushed for De Luca while SOS wanted Dunkley is what I remember reading on here, and now De Luca is out the door, so Liddle should leave list management to the list experts............too many chefs spoil the broth as they say......... :eek:

I think it`s the way that Liddle seems to have played politics by doing things behind SOS`back that I don`t like and has divided people over those tactics...........he was the one who pushed for De Luca while SOS wanted Dunkley is what I remember reading on here, and now De Luca is out the door, so Liddle should leave list management to the list experts............too many chefs spoil the broth as they say......... :eek:

Can you please try and find where it says on here that Liddle pushed for Deluca - or perhaps others can validate this.

If my memory serves me right it was Bolton that wanted Deluca.

Sure.

Besides the mistake Liddle made that has been reported here, I think he has done a good job. Nothing came out to suggest otherwise.

Any chance that SOS got so irate that he put emotion ahead of the club in this instance?

Why is it negligible? Perhaps you are putting emotions ahead rather that looking at this impartially.

No one here knows what has happened behind closed doors, maybe Liddle did apologise, has realised the error he made, owned up to it and SOS refused to accept.

The club has supported Liddle and kept him, if his mistake was so serious he would be gone.

I love SOS, fu** even named my daughter Stephen after him.

Of course they do - especially when there are aggrieved individual parties involved. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy though, as any organisation that leaks can be fobbed off as "weak" or "fractured" while those we don't hear about are presumed to be strong when they may be anything but.

On top of that - it's the AFL. There's an entire industry built on ferreting out whatever secrets and whispers can be found to generate traffic on websites, and there's only 18 clubs to chase. Only 10 in Victoria. This s**t will always get out.

Sure.

I love SOS, fu** even named my daughter Stephen after him.

All organisations have leaks. It's human nature, it's almost impossible to stop them.

SOS leaving does look bad for the club, and looks bad for Liddle.

People claimed from the outside that SOS wielded too much power for Carlton to be successful, well the so called most powerful man at Carlton was just strong armed by Liddle. What does that say about his power? I'm yet to see an article criticising him for anything.

None of us know Liddle from a bar of s**t.

We’ve all heard the rumours, from what I can gather sos supporters.

Everyone seems to be adding to the fuel that some itk and second rat journos think.

He is still in his role, how about we support the bloke rather than adding to the disunity.

SOS is gone, celebrate what he did and move on. Remember forever.

Liddle made a mistake by all accounts but does he deserve to be smashed like an avocado.

Like none of you/us ever made mistakes.

SOS is a hot head and we love him for it, if he or those close to him are leaking does that not damage the club? FFS his son is adding to it also, silly boy.

If we the supporters show unity and demand it from the club, maybe we can help change it from the outside.

I say good luck Liddle, help make carlton great again.
Just do not want another list manager/recruiter like bloody Hughes or Rogers* to stuff up our future picks like those two did..........still have nightmares when I think of how bad they were......... *= 1 great pick by him who wears number 9 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone seems to be adding to the fuel that some itk and second rat journos think.

He is still in his role, how about we support the bloke rather than adding to the disunity.

Liddle made a mistake by all accounts but does he deserve to be smashed like an avocado.

SOS is a hot head and we love him for it, if he or those close to him are leaking does that not damage the club? FFS his son is adding to it also, silly boy.

If we the supporters show unity and demand it from the club, maybe we can help change it from the outside.

I'm avoiding the Silvagni thread, imagine it's pretty rampant.

... which is a stupid saying. Otherwise, we'd still have kings running around and setting things on fire.

After all, 'too many chefs spoil the broth'.

:drunk:

All organisations have leaks. It's human nature, it's almost impossible to stop them.

SOS leaving does look bad for the club, and looks bad for Liddle.

People claimed from the outside that SOS wielded too much power for Carlton to be successful, well the so called most powerful man at Carlton was just strong armed by Liddle. What does that say about his power? I'm yet to see an article criticising him for anything.

They take the opinion that causes the most reaction.

When he was at the club, he was had too much power, ruffling feathers and stuffing it up.
Now that he's gone, he was the golden child who got betrayed but the club, etc.

Lose one villain, gotta build up the next one or who do you get to bag out?

The balls in Liddles court now chippy, lets see if he can hit it.

Interesting that the article says Liddle, Lloyd and Agresta all in some form of agreement, just not SOS.
Well. It's done now. Hopefully everyone can cool off and get back to what they should be doing.
I'd say we all appreciate the passion - just need to channel it properly and make this club work well again.

Interesting that the article says Liddle, Lloyd and Agresta all in some form of agreement, just not SOS.
Well. It's done now. Hopefully everyone can cool off and get back to what they should be doing.
I'd say we all appreciate the passion - just need to channel it properly and make this club work well again.

That’s one of the key points from the article. Liddle, Lloyd and agresta were aligned. Wasn’t liddle by himself.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s one of the key points from the article. Liddle, Lloyd and agresta were aligned. Wasn’t liddle by himself.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Two have been at the club for 5 minutes and:
1. one didn’t have any control over that area of the club which he would consider part of his turf
2. one has a brother that was publicly humiliated when questions about family allegiances were raised and
3. the other one may have been wanting the job held by his direct boss.

Unity or vested interests aligned?

1. one didn’t have any control over that area of the club which he would consider part of his turf
2. one has a brother that was publicly humiliated when questions about family allegiances were raised and

This is what they've done, and that's the worst part. People can question them on this, and they cannot deliver an answer without looking worse.

I will say that the idea that Brad Lloyd might have done this out of some obscure revenge on SOS for making his brother look silly is absurd, especially considering how often Matthew is made to look silly. Brad'd have a list from the G to Sorrento if he was to do that for everyone to have done so.

too much wisdom and common sense Jabba73 - El Preso is cornered now by his own appointments....ball is in their court- and I think they know if SOS can be pushed - their combined weight is not even gnat like if they don't outperform big time.

Just do not want another list manager/recruiter like bloody Hughes or Rogers* to stuff up our future picks like those two did..........still have nightmares when I think of how bad they were......... *= 1 great pick by him who wears number 9 ;)

I don't feel safe with any recruiter by SOS. At least we know with SOS we don't get reamed by anything.

The only list manager I trust in the league will be Stephen Wells.

But that is my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back