Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed it. Turned on Fox Footy channel on my Kayo and I see they just start last quarter of some Adelaide v Carlton game at Football Park. Matthew Allan and Shaun Rehn in ruck and Ratts in the centre.
Not sure what year but will not be watching. Never was much of a fan of Allan.
Round 16 1998

IF there is somehow an agreement for Martin to be delisted, for a trade of picks, look for another story to be leaked to divert attention...

Still in a list build period where Carlton have/will secured:

Betts - 2020 R4
Pittonet - Philips Pick
Martin - free
Newnes - free

I.e. 4 x solid players for sweet FA.

Still have pick 9 (and others) to play with and quality players are seriously considering Carlton as a destination.

And we have posters sooking it up about what might have been.

Reminds me of the guy that won $5M in the lottery - but cracked the sads because he’d hoped to win $20M.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge folks until we are seriously contending (2022-2025).

Don’t spend our tickets too early.

Still in a list build period where Carlton have/will secured:

Betts - 2020 R4
Pittonet - Philips Pick
Martin - free
Newnes - free

I.e. 4 x solid players for sweet FA.

Still have pick 9 (and others) to play with and quality players are seriously considering Carlton as a destination.

And we have posters sooking it up about what might have been.

Reminds me of the guy that won $5M in the lottery - but cracked the sads because he’d hoped to win $20M.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge folks until we are seriously contending (2022-2025).

Don’t spend our tickets too early.
Liking what you are bringing lately, Funkster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only bloke who actually has the 'averages' to imply a 30 goal+ season isn't a fan favourite on here....and the other bloke who could do it was a top5 in B&F - but he is a VFL player as far as 'wisdom' on here goes...

So - I won't mention either player''s names.

#facts don't count on BF.

We started off this way last year too, before..........disaster.
Goal-kickers kick goals and we haven't anywhere near enough small or mediums who could do so.

We'll want McKay, CCurnow and McGovern to kick 30+, expect it from Betts, 'hope' for it from Murphy and it's all Hail Mary after that.

Get more inside 50's, like the 2nd half of the year, I doubt it will be an issue

We started off this way last year too, before..........disaster.
Goal-kickers kick goals and we haven't anywhere near enough small or mediums who could do so.

We'll want McKay, CCurnow and McGovern to kick 30+, expect it from Betts, 'hope' for it from Murphy and it's all Hail Mary after that.
These guys really need to step up next year and 1 or 2 need to become leaders of the forward line, not just support acts.

These guys really need to step up next year and 1 or 2 need to become leaders of the forward line, not just support acts.

Yes. The collective averaged around the 1.4 goals a game in '19 and really have to clock that rating up significantly.

Our premium targets couldn't clock over 1.5 goals a game yet those around them will? How exactly is this going to come about?

It was an issue enough for us to go head over heels for small-ish goalkickers at the trade table though. :) It was an issue and may well remain one.

Can't charge players that don't know where the goals are to manufacture goals. We've seen the results and all being well, we've learned our lesson.

Other than the tall forwards I mentioned and for Betts (all being well), which other players will be averaging 1.5 goals a game for us? Names?

Only one of the Tigers small forwards kicked more than 20 goals for the year, Castagna, and they had bucket loads more inside 50's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back