Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although.. did cost David Keranhan his spot on the list. Dave Parkin came to my high school and gave us a lecture one year. Would have been about 93. Parko said on the End of season party which was a boat cruise Dave Kernahan who was in and out of the side at the time said to him “Parko I’ll do whatever it takes to ensure I’m at my peak and ready to go all next year” ten minutes later him and Rhino were Outside on the boat smashing darts. Parko didn’t like that. Next thing u know sticks’s younger brother delisted. That’s how much Parko liked smoking.

Although.. did cost David Keranhan his spot on the list. Dave Parkin came to my high school and gave us a lecture one year. Would have been about 93. Parko said on the End of season party which was a boat cruise Dave Kernahan who was in and out of the side at the time said to him “Parko I’ll do whatever it takes to ensure I’m at my peak and ready to go all next year” ten minutes later him and Rhino were Outside on the boat smashing darts. Parko didn’t like that. Next thing u know sticks’s younger brother delisted. That’s how much Parko liked smoking.
Wonder what Dusa said to Parko?
"I'm on smoko, so leave me alone"

Yet Rhino lasted 10 years for 50 games........

David was only on the list because he was Sticks brother

Sports people still do...i wonder what the clubs/management's stance on it is though.

I remember a few months back a bit of media attention on a photo of Shaun Marsh and a few other Australian cricketers smoking.

several Vic/Australian cricket players frequent my local, majority smoke.

lovely blokes, always happy for a chat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$50 x 3 x 52 = $7,800 after tax dollars
How much are match payments these days?

But for nought. At least blow it on something with results...

“You’re off the case, McGarnagle!” – The Chief
“You’re off your case, Chief!” – McGarnagle
“What does that mean, exactly?” – The Chief
“It means he gets results, you stupid chief!” - Homer J Simpson

Are they really $50 these days?

Its crazy that these guys are smoking, with out evidence to actually back it up, I would think smoking would be a much greater hinderance on your ability to play professional sport.

Plenty on the gear, which is just a reflection of the age group, the smoking astounds be though.

the one I’ve seen do it regularly a couple of years ago I would guess is one of the leagues best runners. But yes surely couldn’t help

There's a fairly big difference between being a smoker and having an occasional dart with a beer I would think. Impossible to be a full time smoker and play AFL I suspect.

There have been a few in recent years I believe

Yet Rhino lasted 10 years for 50 games........

David was only on the list because he was Sticks brother

He got 6 years and 53 games, 38 of those in 1990-1991.

I still remember his first game in round 1 1988 when we beat the Hawks and David kicked a goal and he and Sticks celebrated together. That was a real favourite memory of mine.

He got 6 years and 53 games, 38 of those in 1990-1991.

I still remember his first game in round 1 1988 when we beat the Hawks and David kicked a goal and he and Sticks celebrated together. That was a real favourite memory of mine.
God I’m getting old. That feels like yesterday

God I’m getting old. That feels like yesterday

Right? I still vividly picture them embracing and jumping around together. Scares the s**t out of me when I hear how old some of our players are now, and then I remember how old I am and go 'when the hell did that happen?'

Right? I still vividly picture them embracing and jumping around together. Scares the s**t out of me when I hear how old some of our players are now, and then I remember how old I am and go 'when the hell did that happen?'

it’s the old story. You know you’re getting old when cops and footy players look like kids

it’s the old story. You know you’re getting old when cops and footy players look like kids

Carlton supporters can be sorted into three main age groups, according to which generation of Silvagni you saw playing first.

And then there's Thy, who billeted Sergio's father Giacomo when he emigrated to Australia in 1924...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back