Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Interesting quote in the Jon Ralph article about Carlton in 2020 saying that Jack Martin has some issues with ex-Gold Coast players now at Melbourne (presumably May).

Makes me feel a little more confident Melbourne would pass in the PSD if it came to that.
I've spoken to enough people to know that May has a reputation up here. I've never personally gone out with him but I know people who have and every one of them has said the same thing.. he likes to get loose, and they tend to put an emphasis on "loose".

Martin is definitely not cut from that cloth, so hearing that he may have had a problem with him would not be a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Chip Pass

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2017
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Carlton
My work role is a bit weird.

I have like 50 x 5-min deadlines each day. In between deadlines, there is some latitude to goof off.

I am hopeless at project work, but I work amazingly well under pressure. So the deadline arrangement works for me.

Of course, I never forget which is the most important to concentrate on........

Just don't tell my boss I prioritise BF ;)
So Ferris, you work for 4 hours and 10 minutes. Are you making burgers? Only kidding.

I am even more intrigued with what you really do.

Blue Pride

Debutant
Dec 29, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea Football Club
Interestingly, you are a dork.

DORK: Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks. DORK: a man's penis
I always thought the expression was a dog was man’s best friend, who knew it was a dork!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Limestone

Debutant
Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
‘Can you hear me Tommy ...’
i remember Harry B waiting for 20 minutes for Tommy to get up back into the box , coming from the Essendon rooms , commentating his walk from the rooms to the box ... finally Tommy walks in....

Harry B. “ what did you find out from the Essendon rooms Tommy”

Tommy “ They wouldn’t let me in Harry “

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
Blues fined $10k, three others sanctioned for breach of drug code -

Fines are for club/players not keeping asada up to date with whereabouts (afl players have a special location app for asada purposes).

We got a bigger fine than other clubs. Presumably having more players out of the asada loop. Or for longer.

Or because we're Carlton..... *tin hat*

Blue and Silver

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Wait, so we've been fined because our players didn't tell the AFL where they were at every second of the day? Let them have their bloody off-season. Nanny state.

Last edited:

Top Bottom