Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
No sense of humour over at the Suns board I tell ya's.....

One poster was trying to gain a ground swell, I assume regarding giving it to Jack Martin, by saying...."5th July 2020. Make sure you’re available everyone."

I wrote a reply "What, both of you?" but was too scared hit the reply button.

Great effort by Thy and Crusher and Rog1995 and Arr0w....AND...Soapy was there giving it to them both barrels as well :thumbsu::)

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

One poster was trying to gain a ground swell, I assume regarding giving it to Jack Martin, by saying...."5th July 2020. Make sure you’re available everyone."

Great effort by Thy and Crusher and Rog1995 and Arr0w....AND...Soapy was there giving it to them both barrels as well :thumbsu::)
Gee BH ..
I didn't realise you are soft ..
:p hit the bloody reply button..

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

I can barely take a breath after what must be a full lunchtime report.

Punch up at Koonung Creek at 4pm.

Bring yonnies.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Gee BH ..
I didn't realise you are soft ..
:p hit the bloody reply button..
Full house at a Sun's home game....they'll be giving it to Jack alright!!

1575205960626.png

Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
These sorts of rumours always surface after the trade period..

Lukosius and Rankin back to Adelaide
King to the Saints
Dion Prestia to Melbourne etc

When Matty Kreuzer was drafted, I had a conversation with one of his immediate family members (who were absolute dyed in the wool Magpies) who swore Matty would see out his contract and request a trade to Collingwood.

Not saying it wont happen, but for the vast majority of players, old allegiances quickly get forgotten when a player joins a Club.

I was genuinely surprised that Lukosius and Rankine and even King re-signed which goes to show it’s hard to predict these things - and they had allegiances and go home factor. Also goes to show how wrong rumors can be - or out of days.

While Rowell may want to come back to the Blues, it’s also possible his mate Anderson wants to play for the Hawks one day as his old man was a premiership player for them. So it’s quite possible they come back to Victoria. But more likely they bond with the recent draftees and build a camaraderie that the Giants have.

We also may not be able to afford Rowell in 4 years time as retaining and extending contracts of premiership players can get very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Just between me, you guys and the lamp post over there our forward line will look great on paper next year.

Martin C Curnow

Betts McKay McGovern

Fingers crossed they all have a clean bill of health.

That HFF is up for grabs between Kennedy, Cunningham, Gibbons, someone else I’m surely overlooking and a resting mid.

With their record, not surprised they don’t welcome outsiders:
1. Never finished higher than 12th, so have never played finals
2. Never had 15,000 members in a year
3. Every previous captain has walked out on the club while still in the leadership position
4. Karmichael Hunt was their first marquee player and paid $millions
5. Received more concessions than a Queensland mining company and wasted all of them
First ever game v Blues lose by 119 points 😀 Charlie Dixon kicks their first ever goal ... another one who bailed

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Last edited:
A few ventured over to the GCS board and made some observations and a Mod has given out some infractions.

Were the GC posters upset that post traffic tripled once a couple of Carlton posters joined in?

blueman2012

Debutant
Nov 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ManUtd, NthnBlues
I can barely take a breath after what must be a full lunchtime report.

Punch up at Koonung Creek at 4pm.

Bring yonnies.
Thought I recognised you as a Koonung Ck yonnie piffer - before they turned it into a freeway. Crossed that creek every day for 6 years to go to school. Some days unsuccessfully, arriving soaking wet or covered in mud.

iAsbestos

All Australian
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I got bit of a schoolboy crush on Maddykins (Prespakis) myself from our AFLW team myself.

And many times in the last few years, I find myself wondering if I am not just the teeniest bit in love with Paddy Cripps. I am comfortable enough to admit it 😆😆😆

Good Crippa is all mine ;)

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I will be at the game, flights and accommodation booked.
I am sure Carlton supporters will outnumber them, which is usual for their home games.
I won't let those 200 manic Suns supporters give him a hard time.

Jacks going to figure.... 5,000 GCS fans booing him once vs 60-80,000 Bluebaggers cheering him on for years .... Jack goes.... WTF, great deal
I call BS.

Not all GCS members are supporters, more like AFL supporters trying to keep a club alive so they can see their club play without having to travel.

There is also no way all 5,000 members all go to the one game and boo in unison. They simply aren’t up to the challenge.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I call BS.

Not all GCS members are supporters, more like AFL supporters trying to keep a club alive so they can see their club play without having to travel.

There is also no way all 5,000 members all go to the one game and boo in unison. They simply aren’t up to the challenge.
No one will hear them over the blues fans anyhow ..they can go their hardest .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back