Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Good God that was hard to read....
Sorrt
As a young keen footy addict and a crazy blues fan I would of been devastated if that was my team that got shafted.
I don't think I could support my other team.
I wonder how many Fitzroy supporters went on and supported the bears.
My guess.... not many ..
No doubt it would have been galling. Murray stuck it fat, I imagine there are others. The premiership crew talked about the importance of celebrating with their Victorian members. I hope some were very long term members!

"The Blues will be neither destination club, nor reach their desired destination, until club unity becomes more than words."

those words burn …..

I agree - but unity is not easy to achieve. Getting everyone on the same page and sharing the same ideals is harder than it may seem. Sure, everyone wants to win at the end of the day. But ulterior motives creep in - people will generally put their own self-interest on a par with overall success.
I’m disappointed with the way SOS has left the club. He deserved better. But as the Age article states, we have a history of messy departures. As much as we are a club on the brink of returning to the top tiers of the league, until we improve the perception that we eat our own it will affect our ability to get the best of the best to the club.

Unfortunately they are spot on.

Liddle has to go for us to be any chance.

Liddle's KPI's will be membership numbers - simple as that. President has been found out as a dill now - but he was always going in a year anyway. President 'Brutus'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That can’t be his only KPIs if he’s ******* around in the football department.
Most likely they're not, but bringing in Eddie, Ellis and Papley would have made for a great bit of PR, which generates interest and talking points around the club, which generates membership sales.

I wouldn't have been keen on signing any of them either, but Eddie for a future fourth (supposedly Adelaide's starting point was a future 2nd and we pay all of his wages) is a good deal, although he might play only the 10 games next year.

Most likely they're not, but bringing in Eddie, Ellis and Papley would have made for a great bit of PR, which generates interest and talking points around the club, which generates membership sales.

I wouldn't have been keen on signing any of them either, but Eddie for a future fourth (supposedly Adelaide's starting point was a future 2nd and we pay all of his wages) is a good deal, although he might play only the 10 games next year.
Ellis would have made great PR? Eddie does for sure, and of course Papley would have, he is exactly who we need. But Ellis? The best response you could have received from most Carlton supporters would have been “meh”.

Coming from Jake Niall mean nothing to me

Jake Niall has written some excellent pieces recently. Far better than many footy journos. I think you should give his opinions a bit more thought rather than dismissing them because they aren’t positive about Carlton.

From the outside, looking purely at Carlton’s list management performance under Silvagni, it’s hard to see how his leaving is good for Carlton.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good rant but use paragraphs, ffs
Guilty your honour.........but I was just too fired up to slow down at all...........you can tell how much I love Gil & the boys....[end of paragraph maybe?...although I would not know a paragraph if it bit me on the proverbial!!!]

Last edited:
The GC is a holiday destination and in a strong rugby state, and as "Lethal" Leigh Mathews said there are not enough supporters especially down on the coast to support 2 teams in QLD. No sports teams have ever succeeded down there and as for the population, the oldies are lining up in "gods`waiting room" and the younger ones are there for the lifestyle, so why go to the footy!!! What do you think will make it work this time around as the afl have tried all this before, and throwing picks and money at them will not make a "culture" kick start there this time either. The Bulldogs president & others have already gone on record as saying that very same thing, and as far as Tassie not making sense $$$ wise...............neither does this joint!!! I still say Tasmania has a genetic footy heart and the G.C. is just a bunch of desperate heads trying to push s**t uphill because Gil & Shocking are just so intimidated by the NRL & even more so by SOCCER!!! Gee whiz the youth of QLD turning into Aussie rules fans..............when? 2039!!! give me a break please!!! Tasmanians would soon get behind their own team if it was launched properly, run well and were given enough $$$(by the afl) & sponsors to buy experienced players & draft kids so that they would actually start winning games............and people like jumping on winning teams band wagons........especially kids!!! The population may be small, but they are Aussie rules fans in that state and do not have to be converted from NRL or Soccer, and they have been asking for a team down there for quite a while now. The afl thrust the Suns on QLD, they did not ask for it!!! Even though the Giants have a better foot hold in NSW than the Suns do in Qld there is still talk that the Giants could likely end up playing out of the A.C.T. down the track...........that would be hilarious if Tassie eventually came in wearing a green jumper and the Canberra Giants did as well..........would love it!!! The only reason that the Suns did not do a deal with SOS in the Martin scenario was the fact that they were given a bunch of picks that made them feel like they had a bigger set of bollocks and that is what I hate about them, the fact that they were propped up by Gil & co just like our deal with Coniglio was scuttled by Gil & the afl because they wanted him to stay in Sydney!!! The afl did not give a s**t when the best forward in the comp (Lynch) was allowed to go to the best team of the previous two years in Richmond, but when it came to Carlton trying to recruit talented experienced players from the two "plastic" teams, Gil & co stepped up to the plate!!! All we tried to do was get more talent onto our list to help us rise up the ladder and we were going to use the so called "equalisation" method that was put in place by the afl, to try and land Coniglio as a free agent..........but dickhead Gil stuck his nose in and did his best to make sure the "so called rules" only apply when the afl want them to, and that is why I hope that the "cold toast sons" (kids from real footy states) leave and the club falls on it`s collective arse and takes Gil with them to never-never land.........:mad:

You lose points for calling football “SOCCER”.

But other than that, great post. Would definitely read again.

The worst part of this whole SOS debacle is that a certain flog that takes it to the bank appeared on 7news representing the fanbase... I don't think it's the end of the world, SOS did his part and smashed his last draft with us and that's all I could ask for.

None of us know Liddle from a bar of s**t.

We’ve all heard the rumours, from what I can gather sos supporters.

Everyone seems to be adding to the fuel that some itk and second rat journos think.

He is still in his role, how about we support the bloke rather than adding to the disunity.

SOS is gone, celebrate what he did and move on. Remember forever.

Liddle made a mistake by all accounts but does he deserve to be smashed like an avocado.

Like none of you/us ever made mistakes.

SOS is a hot head and we love him for it, if he or those close to him are leaking does that not damage the club? FFS his son is adding to it also, silly boy.

If we the supporters show unity and demand it from the club, maybe we can help change it from the outside.

I say good luck Liddle, help make carlton great again.

None of us know Liddle from a bar of s**t.

We’ve all heard the rumours, from what I can gather sos supporters.

Everyone seems to be adding to the fuel that some itk and second rat journos think.

He is still in his role, how about we support the bloke rather than adding to the disunity.

SOS is gone, celebrate what he did and move on. Remember forever.

Liddle made a mistake by all accounts but does he deserve to be smashed like an avocado.

Like none of you/us ever made mistakes.

SOS is a hot head and we love him for it, if he or those close to him are leaking does that not damage the club? FFS his son is adding to it also, silly boy.

If we the supporters show unity and demand it from the club, maybe we can help change it from the outside.

I say good luck Liddle, help make carlton great again.

Our club looks like a basket case. Again.

Whatever way you cut it, Liddle is responsible for a significant proportion of us looking like a basket case. If he were doing his job properly, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

That’s why he has to go. The chances of him making us great again are negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back