Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s early days, but the potential collapse of Virgin Australia must be a big concern for CFC. One of our major sponsors, and although I’m not sure of the terms/length of that deal it seems highly likely they will either fold completely or at least need to reduce expenditure.
I’m hoping we are a big enough club to attract another big sponsor, but it’s probably fair to say that a lot of companies post-Covid will be reassessing their sponsorship spend.

mods, can we have a dedicated thread for curves and graphs with pointers and upside down red thumbs and lots of exclamation marks please?....oh wait...

Last edited:
I think this is a storm in a teacup. Virgin will not be Ansett MK2. It’s in voluntary administration. With no competitor planes flying, it gives the administrator great scope (and efficiency) to cast off the poor performing parts, restructure the company, recapitalise (with or without government capital) and come back as a better business. And a business like Virgin airlines - in its current form or not - value sponsorships like that with CFC as part of its marketing strategy. In other words I believe the contractual sponsorship arrangement will continue...well that’s my theory anyway!

These days it's Aunty Jeanne...

With respect i don't think as a club we should rely on individuals...I would be happy to pitch in and i'm sure you and our 60,000+ Members would also want to make sure our club does not need AFL assistance and do our part.

It could galvanize the club and be the pepper our boys need to get them up and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back