cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
Shrewd, shrewd! Is that what you call it. Friggen amazing is what I would.

I like Pitto but let’s be honest he is a decent back up ruckman, not best 22 in a premiership side, that’s for TDK, but should he be out injured then Pitto will suffice.

But the other 3, best 22 if not best 10! and for what? A half eaten stale chip that a seagull refused to eat!

Setters instead of Shiel for a late second rounder instead of $1m and 2x 1st rounders and screwing over * in the process, can’t even remember what SOS paid for Plow but again cheap as chips and as for Martin, didn’t even cost the steam off one of SOS’s turds .... which was served up to GCS when we got him for zero!

Does anyone seriously remember our list after MM was sacked? All this has been achieved with minimal help from the AFL .... unlike Brisbane and GCS, when we finished below GSC that killed the AFL, they had to wait another year to give GCS help rather than helping both of us. The compensation we received that year and previous years when we were crap and taking our medicine was pitiful ... yet SOS turned it into Gibbo and Cotrell!.... not to mention the AFL coming in and scuppering our trades with dodgy ‘ambassador‘ deals .... I don’t like to spruik conspiracy but AFL by their actions have had it in for us for a long time ..... did you see them get involved in the Treloar deal, the Shiel deal, the O’Meara deal or the Tom Lynch deal (although he was a free agent) No! but the rabbit deal .... that was just plain disgraceful.

This is why I am just wrapped today. SOS has built an absolute amazing foundation and now all we need is the right bells and whistles. All from a position of Fitzroy type list vomit 4 short but painful years ago. Need I mention we also have the ammunition to add those bells and whistles with cap space and picks?

The gun is loaded and cocked.

SOS the marksman.

The AFL the target.

Our time is coming and revenge will be sweet!
I imagine this is what most Essendon supporters sounds like when talking about James Hird

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
IF is the key word.

Philadelphia 76’ers are a sobering lesson - on what not to do.

They spent 6 years building a really good roster with heaps of current & future draft picks to trade with.

Paid serious “overs” on trades that have not worked out.

They‘ve now burnt all the picks they spent years building

Got killed in first week of playoffs.

Have overpaid on wrong players (specifically Harris and Horford) who are now filling their salary cap and left them zero wriggle room to make any more trades.

Destroyed 6 years of work/planning in 12 months of foolishness.

So PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Very easy to piss 10 years of slog down the drain.
We have a huge advantage in that we can draft players and develop them for 2 or 3 years like TDK because we have a batch of 2nd and 3rd year draftees in the 2s already. I might give up 1 first rounder for the right player and go to the draft with the rest

J-dog

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I don't know; it's not information that's included in commentary or highlights footage. What I'm getting is from our development coaches and from the gameday footage. It's also commentary from sources; I can't remember who told me, but someone told me that Cam will not fail for want of effort, and it was someone I thought had the genuine article.

What I've seen from him in the scratch matches was the complete lack of what he's shown in the ones to date; he's hitting passes and getting space. Polson's problem has never been his physical attributes, but his game awareness and his nerve. In the seconds - just in the latest match - he's hit two 50+ metre low flat passes that were destined for no-one other than who he intended them for. He's playing Doc's role, but with better disposal.

God only knows if he'll make it at AFL level. He's giving it his best shot.
He showed that presence, accuracy and awareness in his draft highlights video too.

34 games is a very long season, playing 34 games in a comp purely to decide which teams you then play in finals is real excessive, the players, the AFL, cricket, the soccer would never allow it.
Don't need any more time than the current season.

Cut out the preseason Mickey Mouse bullshit, saves 3-5 weeks. No bye weeks including before finals. that is 5-7 weeks saved, plus the 23 games already in the season. Only have to find room for 4-6 extra games within the season and it can be played during the same time period.

Send 4-6 teams to each hub for a condensed period like the 20 days straight where teams played 4 games in that time frame. Might even be able to slip in a bye or a prolonged break for each team if enough games can be condensed 2 or 3 times within the season. Kind of like mini tournaments between games with normal breaks.

Clubs have larger lists and players may not play every single game of the season. Up to clubs to manage their training and playing loads.

Just saying it is possible, if there is a will to do it.

AFL PA won't go for extra games.. they'd be all for playing 17 on the same money though.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No doubt. That only works well until the next negotiations for TV rights and the associated pots of gold that pay for everything that gives them their current lifestyle.

Don't think the millions will be there with a lesser competition, tighter discretionary wallets and other monetary priorities. Players might have to give a lot to get a little more, otherwise they can try to take a little more and end up with a whole lot less. The new reality perhaps.

Last edited:
... as a development coach? We need to renew at the position, and he's the obvious candidate alongside Simpson.

It's an interesting one. I think we need to retire 1 out of eddie, simmo, and murph - and I get the feeling it wont be eddie or murph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back