Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get hung up on this notion of does a player hurt you or not. (He has torched us a couple of times over the journey) An all Australian, 2x B&F midfielder is not something we have a lot of. The question is, does the addiction add to the whole or detract from it. Merritt adds not detracts, would be a huge get albeit hard to see materialising.
Lol for the very appropriate linguistic slip.

Well, how many times have you seen an ITK specifically pick out a rumour to have a crack at? I'll also point to the fact he deleted his post discrediting my post.....I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to why.
Any chance you used to go by the gardiner stand?

Sh!tstain Football Club
From where the Bowls Club let them build
Tullamarine^​

Re: The only player on your list with any trade currency

To whom it may concern (aka Dodo and the rare other Essendon* employee(s?) that can read),

We hereby lodge our interest in acquiring Zac Merrett from your club via a trade in the upcoming off-season.

Zac has indicated he will be seeking a trade following the conclusion of the season due to the fact that another team will allow him to fulfill his goal of no longer playing for Essendon*.

We acknowledge that Merrett is a very talented footballer, who is also under contract. So we are willing to pay a fair price. As indicated to Dodo in previous trade discussions a fair price excludes such items as 'all the draft picks in every draft for the next infinity years plus one', 'all the tea in China', 'the moon, 'the pyramids of Giza', 'a time machine' or 'Donald Trump's integrity'. In fact, the last two items do not even exist.

We are willing to offer you multiple draft picks so you can finally 'inject some youth' into your team. Ahem.....that was probably a poor choice of words.

You may have noticed that we have written Essendon* with an asterisk at the end. That is to signify both your shameful drug cheating regime (and subsequent denial and obfuscation of said regime) and the fact that Merrett may be the only star currently on your list. We realise that losing Merrett would leave you with very few talented players and demoralise your club. That has no direct bearing on the price we are willing to pay, we just really liked writing that sentence.

Please feel free to contact us via the Court of Arbitration for Sport as we won't bother expecting reasonable negotiations with you during trade week. We are told that if you call CAS on their main line +41 21 613 50 00 and press 1 then # it takes you straight to their Department of Dodo-related trade nightmares.

Worst of luck for the rest of the season.

Yours Insincerely,

<Insert son of famous Carlton champion here>

^Note to postie: Whilst we can completely understand you mistakenly delivering our previous correspondence addressed to The sh*tstain Football Club to the nearby Total Tools Tullamarine franchise, we can confirm that they are not only two separate organisations but actually unrelated entities. Yes, we were quite shocked to find that out too.
This just makes me feel good....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno what it is but I just have this feeling it will be Kelly who leaves GWS this year.

Williams is from NSW and wants to stay at the Giants. Kelly has that clause that makes him a RFA next year. They need to get rid of someone with their salary cap and I just feel Kelly is gettable
Same logic for Coniglio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back