Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #bluemour

Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some research after reading the Taranto rumour. Check this s**t out.

Tim is Victorian.
AND
Tim supported Melbourne as a kid.
AND
Tim went to school at a well known private school in Melbourne.
AND
Tim played for the Sandringham Dragons as a junior.
AND
Tim has enjoyed an impressive start to his AFL career at an interstate club.

A mere set of curious parallels or is it Tim’s destiny to join Carlton?

Get it done Juddy!!! It’s happening.

#sillyseason 🥳

It's those moments you wish there was a Time Out available :p

Doc signals to the umpire, play stops, both teams head into their huddles. Doc rips shreds off the team because poor Weiters has been waiting with ball in hand for someone to offer a lead and nobody bothered to move.

Time On. All our forwards lead to the same spot. Doc walks off the field in disgust.
Your post is too plausible to be funny.

This is my only real issue with Crouch. Ticks the boxes football wise.
His body concern's me. History of hamstring issues. Need to get him very cheaply, because at 26, the last thing we want is 3 years in rehab. Rather see the club go hard at a young up and comer like Taranto.

I did some research after reading the Taranto rumour. Check this sh*t out.

Tim is Victorian.
AND
AND
AND
AND

#sillyseason

Not interested, didn’t support us as a kid

Get the jet out Juddy!

Would love to get Crouch. A very good midfielder and is exactly what we need. It allows us to keep pick 7 as well. Would be a great result.

Re. players we're attached to/have enquired about -

1. Premium contracted player e.g. Taranto, Wines etc - Say 2% chance.
2. Premium contracted player with one year left on contract and heading into FA thereafter e.g. Merrett - ~5% chance.
3. Premium un-contracted player e.g. Saad - ~10% chance.
4. Free Agent - e.g. Williams, Viney ~15%
5. Average un-contracted player e.g. Graham, Wright etc - ~25% chance.

This is around the way I look at things taking into account our chances against the competition, given where we are.
Anyone that gets excited for us speaking to players in the 1. Category, will likely be disappointed.
Why Williams as a 15% chance? Free agent who has nominated Carlton.

Why Williams as a 15% chance? Free agent who has nominated Carlton.

Before any announcements of preferred club.
Williams made sense for us 6 months ago and that would have been the odds I would have had for him joining us. ~7 to 1

To somehow now manufacture a double with Viney, would be terrific.

Of course! But unless 2 of Cripps, Setterfield or Curnow are in there with them, they’ll get bashed around ala 2018-19. The latter two are almost exclusively deployed defensively.

Crouch/Wines/Viney are the names being thrown around because they’re the types we need to make the most of the outside players we already have.
Brandon Matera been delisted by the Dockers. Worth considering?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

NO!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did some research after reading the Taranto rumour. Check this sh*t out.

Tim is Victorian.
AND
AND
AND
AND

#sillyseason 🥳

Same Sandy side as Setterfield and Polson I believe

But we should be all in on Taranto

Offer him 800-900k x 7 and give up two first round picks

-more cash
-gets to come home
-big crowds
-club that looks like it's on the up
-knows some players

He is an emerging A grader and exactly what we need

I don't see the point in a Viney or Crouch etc who will just keep out a Dow or Stocker

At least with Taranto he is a likely genuine A grader to match with Cripps, Walsh and then Setters B+

I think Alex Witherden would be another one in that range.

Has great kicking skills, gets his fair share of the pill, his pressure acts aren't bad and what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his penetrating kicking which would really help break the lines.
Anything with 'withers' in it is ok in my book.

Same Sandy side as Setterfield and Polson I believe

But we should be all in on Taranto

Offer him 800-900k x 7 and give up two first round picks

-more cash
-gets to come home
-big crowds
-club that looks like it's on the up
-knows some players

He is an emerging A grader and exactly what we need

I don't see the point in a Viney or Crouch etc who will just keep out a Dow or Stocker

At least with Taranto he is a likely genuine A grader to match with Cripps, Walsh and then Setters B+
This!
We absolutely should be! And if we can’t shake Taranto, go at Kelly and if can’t shake kelly move on to the next gun mid ect

Thanks for that. I was planning on watching the replay today but now I don't have to.

I honestly didn't think I'd stumble across the result in the bluemour thread, but whadya know, there it is!
You can only imagine how thrilled the rest of us who dislike basketball are with the repeated mentions.

Disclaimer: this message may contain a heavy dose of reality and may also cause discomfort in many posters.

Let's get real. At this stage, a 5-6 weeks out from the start of FA/trade period, we as a supporter base are as optimistic and high on hype/possibility as we're likely to be.

Throw in the fact that a highly-regarded Restricted Free Agent has already nominated us this far out and this board has started having wet dreams about nabbing Merrett, Oliver and Matthew Pavlich in one fell swoop.

I believe the word on Graham and for a guy of his talent/experience, I'd give it around a 60% chance of swing our way and he'll probably cost us a second rounder.

It sounds like Saad has multiple suitors and he's shown in the past that its not his familial roots that lead his decision-making, so the chances are that he's just as much a chance to end up at St Kilda, Richmond or Melbourne (if not Essendon).

As much as I'd love to believe we'll get in 3 x A graders and catapult to Top 4, the more realistic part of me says "hey, cool it. We've got 48 days left until the final day of trade period. Pace yourself and don't be a sheep that buys tickets in every Bluemour that comes across your email".

Stay classy and tone down the hype, people. 48 days is a long time.
Well helooooooooo miss debbie downer
Welcome to BF rumours and hope.
Please put on these rainbow shades or get the hec out
:cool: 💙

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back