Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'm not blaming him for the drafting of a player before his time, I just feel the comment on LOB was poor form from Lepptisch as all clubs (even successful ones) make trading and drafting mistakes.

Media performances like this make me query his judgment as they sound more like sound bites based superficial assessments on other clubs ad players he would know not very much about, rather than knowledgeable insights from a coach in waiting.
Not to mention he wanted to sack with extreme prejudice as in kick out the door any player that had answered honestly any questions asked by the president
He’s reactionary and overly emotional his pride and ego is a weakness which points to his fragility
I personally don’t want him any where near the club

Of course I'm not blaming him for the drafting of a player before his time, I just feel the comment on LOB was poor form from Lepptisch as all clubs (even successful ones) make trading and drafting mistakes.

Media performances like this make me query his judgment as they sound more like sound bites based superficial assessments on other clubs ad players he would know not very much about, rather than knowledgeable insights from a coach in waiting.
Especially considering that Leppitsch supposedly played list manager at Brisbane when head coach...

true but worth pointing out the quality of opponent since the review compared to before. Our back half of the year fixture has been a lot easier.
Agree, but reckon we lose that game pre bye. Some blokes have found another gear, the reasons for which are speculative. I suspect guilt at having let Teague down. That's on them, but also Teague's inability to extract the extra gear earlier.

Tom Morris just reported that Cerra is increasingly likely to nominate Carlton as his club of choice.

Don't know how I feel about this. Don't we want to give Dow/Kennedy/LOB as much opportunity in the midfield as possible? Don't we want Stocker to eventually move out of the backline? Getting Cerra just prevents that.

Tom Morris just reported that Cerra is increasingly likely to nominate Carlton as his club of choice.

Don't know how I feel about this. Don't we want to give Dow/Kennedy/LOB as much opportunity in the midfield as possible? Don't we want Stocker to eventually move out of the backline? Getting Cerra just prevents that.

Getting Cerra doesn't prevent those players, playing in the middle

What a great snare that would be , a quality midfielder with plenty of upside that can actually kick a ball to our advantage, ready to plug in and go.
Get it done Agrestia.

It probably shows that the club rate him higher than those players or, the club knows,Murphy is about to retire, Curnow is a year away from retiring and might play 2s, that LOB probably won’t be there and if he is, probably won’t be in midfield, or that Stocker might not have the tank for midfield.

Cerra is a very good football player. We aren't good enough to be denying very good football players. Structure his contract correctly, and if it means retiring Ed, so be it. Find the space, McGovern's contract expires in 2 years, Murphy's inflated veteran contract comes off the books, probably Betts' too.

A midfield built around Walsh, Cerra and Dow, with the possibility of Cripps revitalising himself as more than a role player, would be magnificent.

Getting Cerra doesn't prevent those players, playing in the middle
Why wouldn't it? There are only a certain amount of players who can run through the middle, setup around stoppages, and attend centre bounces.

Assuming we're not recruiting Cerra to play on a wing or flank, it gives less of an opportunity to Dow, Kennedy, Stocker and even Cuningham/Fisher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say SPS would be discussed in this deal.

Cerra would be a fantastic addition in the perfect age bracket (He Walsh, Stocker and Dow are basically one year apart). My concern however is twofold:

1) Satisfying Freo will be incredibly difficult. Peter Bell is their version of Dodoro. Will most likely cost us SPS plus our first rounder which will mean no first round picks for two straight years.

2) Cerra will come over on approximately $700k - $750k. What does this mean in regard to retaining our up and coming stars? We better be able to keep all of Dow Walsh and Stocker. Also will this prevent us from gaining more senior experience/depth in the KPD position? ie- Jones’ eventual replacement.

Why wouldn't it? There are only a certain amount of players who can run through the middle, setup around stoppages, and attend centre bounces.

Assuming we're not recruiting Cerra to play on a wing or flank, it gives less of an opportunity to Dow, Kennedy, Stocker and even Cuningham/Fisher.

From your first post

LOB wingman, Kennedy, Fisher, can rotate forward, Dow has shown similar of late

Cerra can play, wing, HB, HF, so he can rotate anywhere, Stocker similar

Versatility is key. I don't see an issue

Cerra is something we don’t really have. Brilliant user of the ball. I don’t think he effects our midfield balance at

Cripps, Dow and Kennedy great at stoppages.

Cerra and Walsh great through link up in general play, though both are fine out of the centre.

Makes it interesting for Stocker and Carroll.

Cerra is a very good football player. We aren't good enough to be denying very good football players. Structure his contract correctly, and if it means retiring Ed, so be it. Find the space, McGovern's contract expires in 2 years, Murphy's inflated veteran contract comes off the books, probably Betts' too.

A midfield built around Walsh, Cerra and Dow, with the possibility of Cripps revitalising himself as more than a role player, would be magnificent.
Cerras last quarter against Richmond is exactly what we need …

Cerra and Cuningham not compatible together, despite the electricity they would provide.

Our 1st + SPS for Cerra + 3rd?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about recruiting yet another big salary recruit.

seems high for me as well both in contract and draft compensation however we did pay top 10 pick for Saad.

I also feel the price of $750K p/a is the overpay figure from freo to try and convince him to stay.
as all journos do they take that figure and assume the opposition clubs needs to match.

our contract "should" be lower considering his output.

Cerra has played a lot on the wing for Freo and could well become an AA in that position. Can also play inside if needed.

seems high for me as well both in contract and draft compensation however we did pay top 10 pick for Saad.

I also feel the price of $750K p/a is the overpay figure from freo to try and convince him to stay.
as all journos do they take that figure and assume the opposition clubs needs to match.

our contract "should" be lower considering his output.
Samo playing VFL, Cerra probably their third best midfielder.

Cerra much younger than Saad with a much bigger upside.

If he does pick us as his preferred club that helps, but we need to expect a big cost at the trade table and a fair price in our salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back