Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could trade down with the dogs. Pick 17-18 + lipinski for 7-9. Then turn 17-18 + SPS for Cerra.

we basically turn SPS and our first for lipinski and Cerra.
Fair enough but do we need Lipinski if we get Cerra. He might hinder the progress of Carroll, Ramsay and Philp (not to forget Cuningham). For me it would be one or the other with Cerra clearly being the priority.

Tom Morris just reported that Cerra is increasingly likely to nominate Carlton as his club of choice.

Don't know how I feel about this. Don't we want to give Dow/Kennedy/LOB as much opportunity in the midfield as possible? Don't we want Stocker to eventually move out of the backline? Getting Cerra just prevents that.
Nothing wrong with having a deep midfield… looks at the Bulldogs.

Nothing wrong with having a deep midfield… looks at the Bulldogs.

And adding Cerra is adding someone who would be either our second or third best mid in 2022. Whereas adding say Hewett is more about depth. But having Dow as our fourth best mid will help free him of pressure and hopefully Stocker moves in and becomes our 5th best mid. Kennedy and LOB need to show more for longer too. The more I see it the more we don’t need SPS - it’s not a like for like but Cerra is an upgrade and one less thing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cerra has mainly played outside this season with most of his possessions uncontested and goes at 69% overall and 61 by foot.

'beautiful user'. Has below average defensive attitude too. Doesn't tackle much, doesn't run well in defense and has low intercepts and pressure acts.

I don't get the hype at all. He's a good ordinary winger.

Newnes goes at 74 and a 64 kick efficiency. How many want to get rid of him and think cerra is amazingly good at the same time? Newnes runs better defensively too... Crazy.

Cerra has mainly played outside this season with most of his possessions uncontested and goes at 69% overall and 61 by foot.

'beautiful user'. Has below average defensive attitude too. Doesn't tackle much, doesn't run well in defense and has low intercepts and pressure acts.

Newnes goes at 74 and a 64 kick efficiency. How many want to get rid of him and think cerra is amazingly good at the same time? Newnes runs better defensively too... Crazy.
BF hyperbole if I've ever seen one.
We need to be looking at players with express speed, when comparing to the top sides this is what we lack.

Last edited:

I watched the second half of the Freo Tigers game and Cerra was immense at the contested Footy - the Tigers played with a lot of intensity and pressure and Brayshaw and Cerra willed their team over - even after the tigers went ahead by two kicks they got their team back over the line. Not many accurate kicks there as it was just contest followed by contest and no chance to get much of a look. Everyone would prefer Brayshaw over Cerra but Cerra is available and is very good and is only going to get better. I imagine every single list manager would pay double and even triple a salary to Cerra than to Newnes and not think twice.

I do get your point on the defensive side and I don’t know about Cerra on that - we clearly can’t bring in more one way mids. But I trust our list management team to only chase after mids who will do that considering it’s a glaring problem of ours. Hewett fits in well that way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies if this is the wrong thread or someone has already said it. This was bought up on AFL 360.

Liam Jones has been in 101 one on one contests for the year and been outmarked just once. He has also won 90% of the contests once it has hit the ground. He is also 3rd overall in the league for intercept possessions. He is an absolute rock.

Fremantle > Carroll & 2021 First Carlton
Carlton > Cerra

Freo > SPS
Carlton > 2021 Second Fremantle

Collingwood > 2021 Second Carlton & 2021 Second Fremantle (Points)
Carlton > 2022 First Collingwood

Don't know its hard to do, would rather go to the draft and target some cheap gems from other clubs
Could work.

Fremantle > Carroll & 2021 First Carlton
Carlton > Cerra

Freo > SPS
Carlton > 2021 Second Fremantle

Collingwood > 2021 Second Carlton & 2021 Second Fremantle (Points)
Carlton > 2022 First Collingwood

Don't know its hard to do, would rather go to the draft and target some cheap gems from other clubs
Carroll isn't going anywhere. Super talented, has the talent to be a better player.

Cerra is overrated and small framed, wouldn't want to give too much up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to stop believing other teams youngsters are better then ours and start believing and investing in our high picks. SPS is much better then people are giving credit and so are some others.
Was about to say the same thing.

This year we saw just in a few months the immense improvement of Dow/Kennedy. They have not reached their peak, just give our young mids a single pre-season under Power.

Not aimed at anyone, but just a request ahead of silly season.

Can we try and make our trade hypotheticals at least moderately realistic. Please try and consider the trade from the non-Blues side.

Lopsided trade hypotheticals are lots of fun, but are kinda a waste of time.

Yours Sincerely,

ferrisb
Snr Sergeant
Trade Police

Agree with this all. Mind you Paddy Dow looks to be turning into a very nice kick of late.

Cerra, Dow, LOB and Walsh kicking to Harry and Charlie sounds about right.
The sad thing is we have our own developing cerra in our list right now
Yet people can’t see amd they are in love with buying other clubs players
Go figure

Can we try and make our trade hypotheticals at least moderately realistic. Please try and consider the trade from the non-Blues side.

Yours Sincerely,

ferrisb
Snr Sergeant
Trade Police

No. No we cannot. What sort of fanciful world are you living in here ferrisb ??? I mean if my proposed Cerra to Carlton for a 4th round pick & half a hot stubbie deal doesn't come to fruition...then i may as well just give up

Yours Sincerely,

ferrisb
Snr Sergeant
Trade Police
I would also like to request a time machine and some fairy wings.

Think you may be dreaming there ferris! Besides everyone thinks they're a realist, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back