Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't make sense
Just another Setterfield who i think we should trade, tbh id honestly rather Rhys Mathieson
I would like much more if it was Rory Lobb
Or Peter Ladhams
Rhys gives staging lessons to the Argentinians.

Think these guy's may survive..

After retirements and trades.. You'd think list management would be,
how many list spots we need and delist that number from the bottom performing of the OOC players...

If so, think these guy's may survive another year...
I think Newman gets a tick because of his injury last year, and Newnes has been serviceable. Gibbons has been next to useless when he was playing.

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Reckon we should be absolutely targeting a better 2nd ruck woth forward capabilities as well as a better young key defender to fill Jones' shoes.

Josh Gibcus appears to have similar traits and is the best key back rated in the pool atm. Could be an an option with our first. There's a good piece on him ny Knightmare on ESPN.

Last time we grabbed a key back with our first pick it worked out okay... (speak nothing of previous attempts).

Year or two to learn off Liam then bam.

Try to lure Chol, Lobb or even Esava whos been in and out at the Cats. Only for a second round Max though.

jezza25

All Australian
Oct 2, 2008
Torquay
AFL Club
Carlton
Reckon we should be absolutely targeting a better 2nd ruck woth forward capabilities as well as a better young key defender to fill Jones' shoes.

Josh Gibcus appears to have similar traits and is the best key back rated in the pool atm. Could be an an option with our first. There's a good piece on him ny Knightmare on ESPN.

Last time we grabbed a key back with our first pick it worked out okay... (speak nothing of previous attempts).

Try to lure Chol, Lobb or even Esava whos been in and out at the Cats. Only for a second round Max though.
Esava re-signed this week for 2 years

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Up until 4-5 weeks ago we needed a Constable because Kennedy and Dow couldn't break into the seniors and Setterfield has been injured and not performing at his best. Why we haven't been playing Kennedy and Dow all year is beyond me.
To be fair every man and his dog thought Kennedy was shot until about 4 weeks ago and Dow was a starting mid 12 weeks ago when he got injured and played 4 really poor games before that then had about two weeks in the twos.

Does anyone remember how good Boekhorst’s last two games were? He Was brilliant and was delisted. Luckily we still have another 5 weeks to get a true read on these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
surely we are past the point of going after blokes like Charlie Constable

I hope they fire whoever came up with the kick it long and hope transfer plan.

We have progressed over the years. It used to be kick it long to Betts. Kicking it long to Harry was at least offering more hope.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No to Constable from me unless he was a DFA. Would have a good look at Lipinski though. Think that he would add to our midfield group (which looked very suspect not long back but with Dow, Kennedy, Fisher coming good and Stocker to join Cripps and Walsh all of a sudden looks strong with a good age demographic).

A bit probably depends on what the club sees Kemp being long term.

A key defender with our first, Lipinski with our second and a project forward/ruck somewhere along the way sounds about right to me.

Our list looks reasonably well balanced particularly if Charlie and Marchbank (and to a lesser extent Oscar Mac for back up,) can make it back.

Apologies for starting on a rumour and ending bin list management territory.

Poorman53

All Australian
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No to Constable from me unless he was a DFA. Would have a good look at Lipinski though. Think that he would add to our midfield group (which looked very suspect not long back but with Dow, Kennedy, Fisher coming good and Stocker to join Cripps and Walsh all of a sudden looks strong with a good age demographic).

A bit probably depends on what the club sees Kemp being long term.

A key defender with our first, Lipinski with our second and a project forward/ruck somewhere along the way sounds about right to me.

Our list looks reasonably well balanced particularly if Charlie and Marchbank (and to a lesser extent Oscar Mac for back up,) can make it back.

Apologies for starting on a rumour and ending bin list management territory.
I disagree. Lipinski isn't what we need at all. He has no standout athletic attributes and isn't a sensational kick. We have a few in that category already. He tends to play well against the lesser teams and gets shown up by the better ones. Pass.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Depends on price and/or what's lost to get him.

Never underestimate a ball-magnet's value, or the AFL's capacity to change the status quo out of the blue.
My concern would be the rumours of list sizes shrinking once again, and parking too many players who can't actively contribute at AFL level immediately. There would be many ahead of Constable in our midfield rotation.

Acquiring something that is surplus to requirements just because it's cheap is still a waste of resources.

If list sizes go back to pre-covid levels, then someone like Constable, cheap, becomes more palatable.

Frankly, our needs in other areas should supercede this.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
My concern would be the rumours of list sizes shrinking once again, and parking too many players who can't actively contribute at AFL level immediately. There would be many ahead of Constable in our midfield rotation.

Acquiring something that is surplus to requirements just because it's cheap is still a waste of resources.

If list sizes go back to pre-covid levels, then someone like Constable, cheap, becomes more palatable.

Frankly, our needs in other areas should supercede this.
Think the idea he wouldn't be able to offer something at AFL level is certifiable nonsense, personally. Despite being a natural inside midfielder and not playing midfield at Geelong, he averages 18 disposals, 4.1 marks, 3.2 tackles a game at AFL level.

I'm not saying 'just get him'; I'm saying that, as far as bolstering our midfield and potentially acquiring another option to play midfield/ruck as a tall midsized player he would be a better option that could come in cheaper, allowing us to use our high end draft currency to chase KPP's.

We have a role or three in our gameplan that would suit him.

Gibcus would be a good get, likely gone by our pick though :sadv1:
from reports looks to be a Jones clone with smarts and footskills

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back