Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Just thinking of North’s and *’s plight at the moment and our own .... one thing I hope our recruiters and list manager keep in mind is that say in the case of Dunkley if both ourselves and * are chasing him .... DONT GET SUCKED INTO A BIDDING WAR!
I hope they are smart enough to say to any potential candidate .... this is our offer, it’s fair for your talent and if you want to go to a shithole of a club that will not be playing finals for the rest of your career but are offering more for your services ..... there’s the door you ******* merc and we don’t want you soiling the fabric of this club.

We are finally, FINALLY in a position of a destination club ... let’s not make the mistake of * and take a Shiel at way overs, or even the Filth who paid Grundy a million a year for 7 years!

Learn the lessons of these clubs and how screwed they are whilst casting an eye on Geelong ... and of course the Dawks premiership dynasty.

It is nigh on impossible to keep a quality list together without everyone buying in and going for glory at the expense of a few piddly dollars.

Need buy in not mercs pure and simple.

POTG (Post of the Generation).

Just thinking of North’s and *’s plight at the moment and our own .... one thing I hope our recruiters and list manager keep in mind is that say in the case of Dunkley if both ourselves and * are chasing him .... DONT GET SUCKED INTO A BIDDING WAR!
I hope they are smart enough to say to any potential candidate .... this is our offer, it’s fair for your talent and if you want to go to a shithole of a club that will not be playing finals for the rest of your career but are offering more for your services ..... there’s the door you ******* merc and we don’t want you soiling the fabric of this club.

We are finally, FINALLY in a position of a destination club ... let’s not make the mistake of * and take a Shiel at way overs, or even the Filth who paid Grundy a million a year for 7 years!

Learn the lessons of these clubs and how screwed they are whilst casting an eye on Geelong ... and of course the Dawks premiership dynasty.

It is nigh on impossible to keep a quality list together without everyone buying in and going for glory at the expense of a few piddly dollars.

Need buy in not mercs pure and simple.

ATTACH]

Why would any player want to move to * given the year they have had and the current players wanting to leave.
Guarantee of a longer and higher paid contract than you will get at any other club. If it is a choice between * and the VFL, there are a few players that would want to stay playing at the highest level.

Can’t really blame them when it is their career on the line and they have few transferable skills.

Why would any player want to move to * given the year they have had and the current players wanting to leave.

Money. That is plain and simply why.

What’s the loss of dignity by going to * for the money at the end of the day?

Money and security .... if I was a slightly above average player and was offered very good coin over a number of years to go to a club going through a rebuild I’d strongly consider it if I knew deep down I could be playing county footy in a couple of years at my current club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say, the noise around Oliver is much more positive by all accounts. The Wines one makes more sense but as we know, these things do not make much sense sometimes.

Also... unless you're ajs071 or his source, I don't recall someone exclusively ruling him out (may be wrong)...

and you just know that if a guy of his quality was looking at leaving and having all these secret meetings/conversation with an oppo club - they would have put HUGE dampeners on it already.

That leads me to think that it could still be an actual possibility.

Just... you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back