Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

"Brad Crouch wants to join St Kilda".. isn't that mainly because they were the only suitor left?

Well they took one line sniffer... not surprised they'd go for another...

I wonder how MLG is taking it with SOS airing a conversation he would have expected to remain private.

This part is annoying, because it has the potential to cause friction between our current president and CEO which would be a disaster for the club...particularly if Liddle also had the expectation that a comment like that would be kept private between him and MLG and not told to SOS.

SOS' comments do have the potential to cause issues between the powerbrokers at our club, so in that way he's really doing us no favours as a club.

Liddle being the consummate professional won’t be drawn into a war of words with Sos.
He will land the targets rid us of debt and go about making this football club a powerhouse again.
if he chooses to engage sos in this petty argument then he isn’t the man to lead us.
Love sos didn’t like him airing our dirty laundry. It makes us look weak. It’s about the club not ego. We are better for having sos but we needed outside help and Cain has done a good job so far.

Nothing about what went on last trade period was professional.

It was clumsy at best and lead to us losing the only list manager of note we've ever had.

A "consummate professional" would have found a way to involve the List Manager in list management decisions - or even better - take the List Manager's advice even when you disagree with it.

This part is annoying, because it has the potential to cause friction between our current president and CEO which would be a disaster for the club...particularly if Liddle also had the expectation that a comment like that would be kept private between him and MLG and not told to SOS.

SOS' comments do have the potential to cause issues between the powerbrokers at our club, so in that way he's really doing us no favours as a club.

If SOS' interview causes any friction between people at the Club, it would be pathetic on their behalf.

Jack and 27 for Saad would be a great outcome for us when you take the emotion out of it and just assess Jack as any player (which we should be). Can't see Essendon accepting.

Yeah I think that's the problem..

We'd be happy with Jack and 27 for Saad, yet they are more likely to want Jack and 7 for Saad (if they are actually even interested in Jack?).

"Brad Crouch wants to join St Kilda".. isn't that mainly because they were the only suitor left?

I commend Saints for shaking up their list and employing Ratts..it's seen them make finals this year.

They definitely are paying big for Hanneberry & Hill though...and sounds like this Crouch deal could be pretty big. Respect them for going out there and getting players instead of just treading water and remaining mediocre...but not sure how well it will work out for them.

Hanners has been underwhelming and consistent injury issues (which were known before they recruited him).
Hill had a poor year for a $900k player - hasn't got unnoticed but the fact Saints made finals masks it a bit
Crouch has only really had 1 A grade AFL season IMO and has had injury issues...and yeah it seems he's chosen Saints because no one else was that interested.

Obviously they struck gold with Butler though. Jones was a decent pick up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I commend Saints for shaking up their list and employing Ratts..it's seen them make finals this year.

They definitely are paying big for Hanneberry & Hill though...and sounds like this Crouch deal could be pretty big. Respect them for going out there and getting players instead of just treading water and remaining mediocre...but not sure how well it will work out for them.

Hanners has been underwhelming and consistent injury issues (which were known before they recruited him).
Hill had a poor year for a $900k player - hasn't got unnoticed but the fact Saints made finals masks it a bit
Crouch has only really had 1 A grade AFL season IMO and has had injury issues...and yeah it seems he's chosen Saints because no one else was that interested.

Dougal Howard and Paddy Ryder (until he got injured) were handy for them, this year..

Please, for God's sake, I'm begging, just one tiny miniscule Bluemour... for old times' sake.
I'm getting the shakes here, C'mon it's been 4 days already and nuthin'! o_O
And the last one we got turned out to be baby powder.

Nothing about what went on last trade period was professional.

It was clumsy at best and lead to us losing the only list manager of note we've ever had.

A "consummate professional" would have found a way to involve the List Manager in list management decisions - or even better - take the List Manager's advice even when you disagree with it.
That’s why i said how he deals with this will show us if he was the right decision

What needs to be remembered is the Saints could easily be North, going after big names and missing them because big names don't want to play for small clubs. The saints are playing the cards they are dealt, grabbing good players who want to come and mixing them with the likes of King, Battle, Clark and Coffield to become a finals contender. They just need to show that this year wasn't a fluke and they might be able to land that A grade player who puts them over the edge - Crouch is good enough to help them do that.

I guess we could get Tom Hird in return, to balance things out?
Wouldn’t mind Cory McGrath’s son from them.....

Wouldn’t mind Cory McGrath’s son from them.....

Does Andrew know?

Butler?

Since Round 10 - 9 games, 8 goals.

Meh.

Personally I'm happy with SOS' comments. Knowing how elite sporting environments tend to work, I'm safely confident that Liddle's been mouthing off something fierce and that's been hurting a lot of SOS' personal and professional relationships.

Wouldn't shock me that Liddle needs to reign in the attitude.

Oh and for the love of all that is good in the world, can we please take a look at Brad Crouch: have a look at his personal issues and see if he's committed to change, and is far enough down that path that he can be relied upon as a stable individual in a competitive environment. Not interested in writing him off purely for PR reasons.

What needs to be remembered is the Saints could easily be North, going after big names and missing them because big names don't want to play for small clubs. The saints are playing the cards they are dealt, grabbing good players who want to come and mixing them with the likes of King, Battle, Clark and Coffield to become a finals contender. They just need to show that this year wasn't a fluke and they might be able to land that A grade player who puts them over the edge - Crouch is good enough to help them do that.

Agreed, got to play the hands you're dealt. With some careful contract management they'll be able to keep a pretty good ground of players together over the next 4-5 years and really have a crack. Yeh they're probably overpaying a couple of guys, but that's the nature of being a smaller club desperately needing a run at the finals after almost a decade in the wilderness. Crouch isn't a pressing need or anything, but he's still a very solid player who will play 100 games for them pending fitness. He's also got an awesome finals track record.

This current St Kilda group is actually pretty enviable going into 2021. They've got all bases covered, and arguably one of the best senior coaches in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back