Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

They can always downgrade those picks or trade them into the next draft. The main point being that they've got a guy on their list who will go for maximum value who is being chased by a team that is desperate for an inside mid. As good as Dunkley is, and I think he is somewhat overrated currently in the grand scheme of things, he's expendable.
Though it makes it difficult for us to get the mooted 27+Kennedy deal over the line as they will need a 1st so they can use 6 on Dunkley.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure neither did Walsh and a fair few other draftees over recent times
think the point was it's a little early to be penciling kemp into a team role without the slightest look at him in action........

I don't.

We'll never get anything out of McGovern. Teague is too soft on him and he'll continue to be gifted games.

Kemp can play 3rd tall forward and do a far better job.

If people don't want to bring in anymore draftees, Treloar is the perfect solution. Gives us running power to suit Teague's game style and would be a substantial upgrade on what we've currently got.
Player who has never ever played a senior game of footballer and is slate to play on ball/half back can walk in and play third tall forward spot?
Sheesh.

I’ve been banging on about Ben McKay since North went into self destruct mode....he is our KPD requirement.
Austin, go fetch him !!

I saw that post and was just about to tag you :D

Yeah I know. I was there and had to call my Essendon friend after the game to congratulate him.

View attachment 994691

Just have a look at that season though.
Could it get much closer?

No it couldn’t but they had our measure the whole season. I remember hating the fact they had our measure but they did. They beat us in the home and away from memory and the only reason we won the semi against them was they had a couple out. As much as I’ve got vomit in my mouth saying it.

Ben McKay is with the same management group as Sam Walsh (and Tom Papley)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney are in for a world of pain, if they don't start adding quality into heir midfield.
Relying on a 32 year old Kennedy and a banged up Parker is going to make it very hard work for them.
They have to do something this trade period, but it's unlikely to be with us, as we haven't the mids to trade with.

Essendon paying 800K for Dunkley?
......and are they really forking over 500 - 525K for Caldwell? I still can't quite believe that.

North are interesting, as there really aren't too many players on their list to attract the big bucks.
How can they just go to the draft? Surely they'd be left far short of the requirement for TPP, front-ending contracts or not.

I don't.

We'll never get anything out of McGovern. Teague is too soft on him and he'll continue to be gifted games.

Kemp can play 3rd tall forward and do a far better job.

If people don't want to bring in anymore draftees, Treloar is the perfect solution. Gives us running power to suit Teague's game style and would be a substantial upgrade on what we've currently got.
Can Kemp really? He hasn’t played a game. Whilst he is promising he hasn’t played one AFL game or any footy for well over a year. Using Kemp as a reason why we can move another player in because he will be better is just ridiculous.

Hey guys spoke to Saad’s close relative today, apparently Teague spoke to him before he nominated Carlton and promised him you guys have a A-grade midfielder joining the blues this season at around 600k a year? Any news on who this might be?
Have it on good authority from Saad's dad that it's Merrett.

Hey guys spoke to Saad’s close relative today, apparently Teague spoke to him before he nominated Carlton and promised him you guys have a A-grade midfielder joining the blues this season at around 600k a year? Any news on who this might be?

Not questioning this happened but Teague definitely would not have mentioned a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back