Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Think we have invested too much time into getting Adam Saad to walk away from getting. I believe a trade will happen, but Dodo being Dodo, will let if drag on until the final day or days of the season and I doubt will be doing any other deals (least major ones) until we get Saad over the line.

It's going to be a very frustrating and dragged out trade period, put it that way.
Dodo has no leverage here. None. He has two choices. Take our offer, or we'll take our chances in the PSD. And there is no way he'll lose him for nothing after the year they have had. He'll drag it out as long as possible to appease the members

I never understood the love fest for Papley and was digusted at how SOS aallowed both Essendon and Sydney to dictate our use of pick#9 - if rumours are true ignoring Wines and even alternatives to Papley eg Butler
I agree with what you're saying although IIRC the Wines scenario played out pretty late in the piece, not giving SOS much time to stitch up a deal.

You kind of answered this one yourself. He's a good player. Not sure we can afford to pass up good players just yet. 100% walks into our best 22 without a doubt.

I think you can if his salary is going to be in the vicinity of $700-$800k.

Charlie in the goalsquare, clear the ******* area everyone.

Harry roaming around doing his thing taking marks.

JSOS playing in front of Charlie and providing ground level presence.

Levi warming the pine in case of injuries (I don't want him anywhere near Charlie, Levi is too unpredictably dangerous).

McGovern... I don't know. He's way off it.

Not seeing either of them in our best 22 next season.

Can’t wait for McGovern to have a great year next year and everyone to do a complete 180 and fail to acknowledge that they were wrong. 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he’s an immense talent.
We have all seen his what he’s capable of playing for Adelaide, looked like he would be better than his bro...we know it’s not age...it’s all between the ears.
If we considered trading him our best return (pick/player) would be from the eagles...

Last edited:
Cripps, Setterfield and Wines just doesn't seem like a good mix to me.

I see that midfield mix as too one dimensional.

As slow as Geelong are, I feel like they've still got more running power than us.

If we were adding one more inside type, it would be a player like Jack Steele, an elite endurance runner.
<cats have Dangerfield and guthrie. They are pretty fast IMO

Think we have invested too much time into getting Adam Saad to walk away from getting. I believe a trade will happen, but Dodo being Dodo, will let if drag on until the final day or days of the season and I doubt will be doing any other deals (least major ones) until we get Saad over the line.

It's going to be a very frustrating and dragged out trade period, put it that way.

But that's half the fun!! 😀

We've got Walsh Saad Curnow docherty Williams etc for run.

Seriously. Those 3 aren't at all one dimensional. That's not even a thing, really. Look at ports amazingly long list of same 'type' bigger inside mids. They've got so many they don't even all. Play midfield anymore.

Geelong I doubt have more running power. They play a kick mark game and the reason we can take it to them, like this season is because our talks can compete with theirs and they don't actually do a power of running, like Richmond...

Wines would simply help us get the ball first more often and allow les pressure on Cripps. A massive win for the midfield rotations and club.
Agreed.

Hinkley helps. IIRC, he was Geelong's midfield coach before going to Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely believe Gov can be that very good third tall.

I've been a big defender of Mitch. He's behind in the pecking order as far as being a part of our defence. He needs to show way more.

I've been a big defender of Mitch. He's behind in the pecking order as far as being a part of our defence. He needs to show way more.

Sadly I would love for him to show something!

I am rarely on here so I am sure it is already reported but just saw in the news De Goey may want to come to Carlton? Too lazy to read beyond this page so apologies if I am very late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back